s/o of monterey needing head support

beetlemama

Does the radian need head support as well? Last time I tried (admittedly this was in 2008) the radian was the only high harness height/weight seat I could get an acceptable install with in my beetle (I know disney (she's the nanny with the beetle, correct?) has gotten the nautilus in, at the time I tried and was unable to, may have to revisit), but I can only get an acceptable install with the headrest removed. If it needs vehicle head support it means I misused it FF for 3 years with my older daughter and that I can't turn my other daughter FF in my beetle pretty much ever. At 2y 9m she only has 3 inches to the top of the seat (measured yesterday when she suddenly looked much taller in the seat), so someday we'll have to go FF.

ADS

christineka

I don't think so. I can't imagine that it would need support. Allana only mentioned the monterey, not any other seats.

beetlemama

Oh good! Thank you! I was afraid I missed something in the manual or there was something I didn't know, which would be very worrisome!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They make lousy boosters, but they use the shell of the Radian, same as the harness, so no.

Even the Dorel booster one piece units (three in ones, Summit, etc.) don't require support. Only the two piece dedicated boosters.

Wendy

beetlemama

They make lousy boosters, but they use the shell of the Radian, same as the harness, so no.

Even the Dorel booster one piece units (three in ones, Summit, etc.) don't require support. Only the two piece dedicated boosters.

Wendy
Great, thanks! My radians are from 2008 and 2009, so aren't boosters regardless. I was just worried about the harness part. I figured that since it's a steel framed seat all the way through it was fine, but decided it was far better to ask a silly question than misuse a seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC