Car seat for dolls.......

lourdes

This might sound stupid but.... My DD wants to put her doll in a car seat, she has a toy car seat but she wants her to be harness like her, how can I made a "car seat" from the toy car seat? I know that some people here had done it

ADS

lourdes

Sorry! I just realize that I posted this in the wrong section, she has a fisher price one, the plastic is white

glockchick

My girls play with infant seats I picked up. One I got from CL and one I got from the last seat check I did. We gave them mom a convertible seat and she said I could have the infant seat.

soph's mom

Does anyone know if the Joovy booster seat (looks likes convertible) can be fabbed up rear facing? My 18 mo old would love it but I'd love for it to look rear facing like hers and if we have another baby it will go straight to convertible too.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, you COULD...in the same way that you could install any forward-facing-only seat rear-facing, which would mean using the forward-facing belt path. Obviously a real seat should never be installed that way. I've never tried it with the doll seat.

Ali

I've done it RF with the Joovy toddler seat. DD wanted her "baby" to be safe so she insisted that I put it RF. It worked - not a tight install, but it was secured so as to not become a projectile.

lourdes

I like the infant seat but it is too expensive, if the toddler seat works RF then thats the one!

soph's mom

Obviously if it's a doll then the proper use argument is not really an issue so I didn't really need the comment about using only ff child seats wrong. I simply wanted to know if it was designed in a manor that it was possible.

Thanks for the response that said it was! My daughter will be erf and I'm sure she will want her baby to stay that way as well. We will be ordering her one for her bday! :). Glad they have a realistic product our there for them to use!

lourdes

Do you use the seat belt on top of the car seat or does it comes with holes in the back?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Do you use the seat belt on top of the car seat or does it comes with holes in the back?

It is built exactly like a real car seat. The toddler seat (which is what we have) has a ff belt path only. You can use LATCH or the seatbelt. It does not actually fit the dolls that wonderfully but my dd loves it. She is 8 now and still puts her AG dolls in there sometimes.

ETA - I think I bought it at Amazon.

lourdes

Yes, in amazon is around 30$ but the infant is around 60$!!! My DH won't be happy if I spent 60$ in a toy car seat! But 30$ is doable

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Can anybody post pictures of the side of one of these? I'm wondering if I could take a dremel to the side and make slits in the plastic where the RFing belt path would be, and belt it under the bum/crotch buckle like a traditional convertible would be buckled.

lourdes

Starlight said:
Can anybody post pictures of the side of one of these? I'm wondering if I could take a dremel to the side and make slits in the plastic where the RFing belt path would be, and belt it under the bum/crotch buckle like a traditional convertible would be buckled.

I thought the same thing!

Baylor

Maybe this is stupid but couldn't you look around some second hand stores for a used bucket? Maybe use that?

auto correct hates me

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I can't fit a "real" bucket in my car, but I could fit a smaller scale seat, that's why I'm thinking about it...

dneul

I made my town from a tolly tots "graco" car seats. It is fairly easy to make. A Dremel, some old carseat parts, and minimal sewing machine use.
carseatinfant
is basic step by step.

http://gallery.neulinger.org/galler...na/images/projects/carseatinfant/IMG_1290.JPG

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC