CA65

karina250

I won a CA65 from Parents' WeeViews and it showed up today. Im not sure if I like it or not, but I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. DD isn't even big enough for it yet. DS just barely fit RF by their height and weight limits. I wonder why they have the height limit though because it seems like kids taller than that could still fit RF using the 1 inch rule. He does fit well FF though. I'm debating if I should keep the seat for a spare or not.

(DS was being silly.)
IMG_4570.jpg
IMG_4577.jpg

How is the head slump in it? DS has awful head slump it the Nautilus, so if the CA65 was better I could move him to that in my van. I think I will try it out in the my van to see how it fits. The latch connectors look really nice.

I do love the no re-thread harness though, that is really nice and the harness adjuster is nice and smooth. It also seems really light, and its definitely light compared to the Nauti. I hate having to move the Nauti back and forth when DS goes with someone else.

I couldn't find this in the manual anywhere but at what point do you remove the lower support pillow thing? I honestly think the manual isn't as clear as some of the manuals for other seats that Ive read.

Anyways no real point to this thread other than a few questions. What are your opinions on this seat?

ETA: Is this seat supposed to have harness covers?

ADS

momtotwogirls

I liked it ok. It wasnt my favorite by any means. My oldest still had pretty bad head slump forward facing because the wings arent quite wide enough for her head to rest to the side. I liked it much better rf than forward facing. I sold mine last month.

Rebelnicky04

I just wanted to thank you for posting a pic of your DD in the CA65. My daughter is close to the same size and I have been wondering how a CA65 would work in grandma's car but now that I see your pic I can tell that she won't be ready for that seat for a while. Thanks again!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't like the CA. :eek: For me, the 40 inch rule and the line level to ground rule were deal breakers. My line made my CA 54 degrees, and the customer service didn't seem to care or understand my worry about it being over reclined. I just don't trust car seats from a company that will flat out ignore customer's worries and won't standby their product. :twocents:

abreuer88

I used one from a friend for a few weeks and found it horrible to get a tight install with the latch! Ds also had awful head slump rf when he slept. Even with the line level to the ground. The seat belt install was much better, not something I would want for spare seat just because I had so much trouble getting it tight! The harness was hard to get tight too. Didn't tighten or loosen smooth at all! What can I say.. I love my Britax!

lourdes

I have a CA and we have a love-hate relationship, it took me some time so learn how to install it correctly, I made my parental decision of not follow the 40 inches RF limit, but ones you get use to it I think is a great car seat, when is install FF is recline enough so that the head stays in place when they sleep, we have only use it a few times FF but she did fall asleep one time and she didn't have head slump, she does however have head slump when is RF, really weird....

Little Ps Mama

I'm luke warm on it. Its an easy install in my Sienna but a beast in my fusion. I like the harness adjuster and head wings. No head slump when forward facing for us. I don't like the 40" rule. I bought an rxt because I wasn't comfortable exceeding something they were so staunch about without real explanation why.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Spam

It's just ok to me. I use one for A in gmas. He has no headslump while sleeping which is a big reason I haven't replaced it with a nauti. I hate the beltpath, can't use latch due to his weight, rfing it just seemed really big and doesn't puzzle well for me. But it was free ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC