Who has a pre Jun 07 Regent..

MySillyKids

That is going by the NEW instructions.

I just received my 'fix it kit' in the mail.

He's 36lbs, LBP, TTether, Recline bar, right now. Its not 100% stiff enough for me, but its in there good.

Have you made the switch to the new recommendations?

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
i have a 4/07, but i haven't got the fix yet. not that i can fix it now anyway....... not until this broken elbow heals.

Morganthe

I haven't received the retro kit or even an announcement yet from Britax for my own Regent (DOM- May 07), but I do have it installed with the recline bar, lbp, tt. The bar is shoved in the crevase of the center armrest, so the Regent doesn't go over the edge of the car's seat.

I guess it's a little more upright than the usual set up with the RB. Still my dd dislikes the lean. She'd rather sit straighter up without the RB in the first place. Her head and neck area are rarely against the back of the seat, which does bother me.

I wish they came out with the stats for the rb vs non-rb. And LBP vs. SBP for heavier kids. Just so I can answer this simple question:
Is it safer to have a solid connection with LBP for a 40lb+ child or a so-so within 1 inch looser seat with SBP.

It's maddening, not being in the know :mad::(

Last edited:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I haven't received the retro kit or even an announcement yet from Britax for my own Regent (DOM- May 07),(

Have you called them?
I had to call them and ask about it. turns out they didn't have my regent registered at all. Just the RA and MA. So now I'm waiting for it to come..

beebear23

Senior Community Member
broken elbow!?!? i mustve missed that thread...poor kiddo

Yeah, I fell in the parking lot last week while C and I were hopping to the car. Thankfully I no longer need a cast and the dr. said to keep moving it and it'll heal..

skaterbabs

I didn't even check the DOM on mine, it arrived 3 days ago and I just installed it lap/shoulder belt, SBP+recline bar in the Suburban. But I've never had trouble with that method in that vehicle anyway.

Connor's Mom

4/07 Regent. No kit, no letter yet. But I have it installed using new guidelines - LBP, recline bar and top tethered.

Morganthe

Have you called them?
I had to call them and ask about it. turns out they didn't have my regent registered at all. Just the RA and MA. So now I'm waiting for it to come..

I registered via their online page. I'll probably call them on Tues -- I have to make sure they're sending a couple of items as promised.

I'm not really worried about the kit. All I'm going to do is drop it in the original box for storage. I don't have Lower anchors, nor am I placing an ugly sticker on the seat. Who knows, with 6 years expiration, dd could be the only child to use this seat? With her short torso, she might make it to age 9 ;) :shrug-shoulders:

Last edited:

Lys

Senior Community Member
I installed Ian's regent per the new instructions as soon as they came out. Even before I got my kit. Only because I didn't need anything in the kit.
I have it installed SBP w/ seat belt, recline bar, tethered for my 43lb kiddo. I can't use LATCH because I have a Honda.

supercrunch

I have a 11/05 Regent

I have not recieved the letter or the kit yet, but I currently have my 40 lb dd's seat installed with short path LATCH, recline bar, and top tether.

remken

Yeah, I fell in the parking lot last week while C and I were hopping to the car. Thankfully I no longer need a cast and the dr. said to keep moving it and it'll heal..

((HUGS)) That just sounds painful.

I have an 12/06 regent that I'm still using with the old instructions until I get my new recline bar and then I'll switch it according to the new instructions.

Sweet Mercies

I have received the letter for both of my regents, but not the kit. They are both in there rock solid using the new recommendations (one LBP and one SBP) so I am not touching them.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I have 2 pre June '07 Regent. Yes, I do have them in pre the new guidelines. But, Let me say it took me 3 hours (off and on) and with his help to finally get it in rock solid using the SBP, RB & TT that I wasn't about to change the installation after they said we can keep the old way.

It also meant Kaylee giving up her beloved Zebra MA to Kinlee and getting the ugly Onyx Regent back. So, Now Kinlee is only in Marathons & Kaylee is only in Regents in both dh & my vehicles.

lynsgirl

Mine is April 06 and I did receive the kit, but I haven't used it yet. My dd is 53 lbs, so I have to use the SBP w/the seat belt, no matter what, anyway. Since it was (ahem) not the easiest install I've ever had to accomplish, and since the long LATCH strap isn't vital right now, I've put the package up on top of my upright freezer until the weather isn't quite so steamy :p .

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Our Regents both have 3/20/2006 DOMs (purchased from two entirely different sources, lol, what are the odds?) and the letters arrived two weeks ago tomorrow, but no sign of the kits yet. I don't need the new LATCH strap as DD1 is at the LATCH limit for our Saturn, and I prefer the seatbelt installation in the Saturn and our Sienna. I switched (grudgingly :p) to a SBP seatbelt install in the Sienna shortly after the advisory was posted on the Britax site. I haven't played with SBP in the Saturn because we're currently using the Radian in it instead of the Regent. I preferred the LBP install in the Saturn for previous Regent installations, and I anticipate the SBP will be more of a feat.

oxeye

I have an early June DOM - so it didn't come with the new stuff. I finally got the kit the other day so I tried to install it in the Passat with LBP LATCH. I didn't like that at all! I reinstalled it with LBP seatbelt and got a rock-solid install in two minutes. I could get it rock-solid with LATCH.

I do have it installed according to the new recommendations.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC