Which seats to take with us?

Kappy

Senior Community Member
In just under a month we are going on our very first Amtrak trip! We're super excited, but I think our 4 year old is the most excited!

Now, suggestions. Which seats should we bring? I've all ready did some research, so I know the seats won't be used on the train due to no seat belts, so that isn't the case.

We are going to visit my parents in Missouri, and they will be picking us up from St Louis, then it's a 3 hour drive to their house. They drive a 2002 Kia Sportage. I have a Graco Nautilus 3-in-1, SKJP/Diono RadianXTSL and an Evenflo Symphony 65 e3. Oh, and I'm thinking about maybe bringing our KeyFit30, if my 14 month old still fits in it.

I'm leaning towards bringing the Radian and the Evenflo/KeyFit. The Radian because of travel friendly it is, and the Evenflo because my options for the little man are limited.

I'm guessing that I'll put the Radian outboard and the RF seat in the middle, then whoever sits in back with them will take the other outboard seat.

Crazy how little I have to use our car seats for this, but that's almost all I can think of right now! LOL Thanks for all the advice!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd take the Radian for foldability (so it can go overhead), and the Keyfit for portability.

Have fun!

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC