I met Foonf!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Met Foonf today at a local baby boutique. First off, Chris is awesome. Great guy, patient, knows his stuff. He doesn't sound like some lame sales guy who's rattling off what someone else told him to rattle off. He knows his stuff and genuinely loves his product.

I learned a few things today that I did not know from other threads. I could have just missed it though but in case it's new to anyone else, here goes.

• Foonf is going to be manufactured in Canada! :thumbsup: Currently, all parts are North American and assembled in Mexico. Assembly is being moved to Canada…but I'm not sure if this is for ALL Clek seats, or just Canadian ones. I *think* it's for all NA seats.
  • Cleck recycles seats! Not sure if it's just the Foonf, but sounded like it was for all seats. You can call and buy a prepaid label to ship it to them and they make the fabric into pet beds and the other parts are used for other stuff (ha, ya mommy brain had me forget!)
  • minimums for rear facing are 6 months, 14#, 26" and holding head unassisted - TechnoBaby is 3.5 months old and fits on the bottom slots nicely. But, she doesn't meet the weight, height or age requirements. LOL She's 24" but long torsoed, somewhere over 13#.
  • we all know that the anti-rebound bar can only be used in the reclined position, and the weight limit is 45#. So I asked if the seat met Canada's rebound standard in the upright position RF since the anti-rebound bar can't be used. Chris wasn't completely sure yet since it hasn't undergone production testing yet, *but* suspects that it will only pass with the 33#, 3 year old dummy so can be used to 35# RF in upright mode. Now, now, before everybody starts saying BOO-URNS, remember that this seat is NOT designed for infants, so right off the bat it's not designed like the Radian to have a boot that forces the seat to 45° in every vehicle known to man. LOL In my vehicle, the reclined position seemed good and fine for older ones. I believe it will be okay to use the seat in upright mode to 45# in the U.S. though...so...;)
  • the upright RF position has a minimum of 1 year of age
  • like April said, the pics make it look super high, and even though it is higher than other seats, in real it doesn't seem as high as the pics make it look
  • while the fabrics are going to be removable, it sounds like it's more for the purpose of swapping colours when you're bored or for a new kid. Sure for washing as well, but apparently that Crypton fabric is completely amazing and stuff just comes right off. It's used in hospital beds and can take puke, poop, coffee, you name it. So you can sponge it right off with water...maybe water and something else, again, mommy brain forgetting!
  • release date is looking like August (not sure if that's just for Canada)

I think that's it for new stuff I learned. Hopefully this is new for you too!

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

Can't it be rf tethered in the upright positions? So wouldn't that help with the Canadian rebound requirements (which I really dont know much about)?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Can't it be rf tethered in the upright positions? So wouldn't that help with the Canadian rebound requirements (which I really dont know much about)?
Yes it can. But there is no way to do a compliance test with the tether, so they aren't able to give a weight limit with the tether unfortunately. So, technically, in Canada, using it above 35# in the upright mode, would be misuse whether you have it tethered or not. Assuming that production tests reveal it doesn't pass the rebound test above 35#. I've got my fingers crossed it does pass higher, but Chris said not to get my hopes up. LOL

April

Yes it can. But there is no way to do a compliance test with the tether, so they aren't able to give a weight limit with the tether unfortunately. So, technically, in Canada, using it above 35# in the upright mode, would be misuse whether you have it tethered or not. Assuming that production tests reveal it doesn't pass the rebound test above 35#. I've got my fingers crossed it does pass higher, but Chris said not to get my hopes up. LOL

:eek: That totally didn't come up when we met with him yesterday. Good catch techno!
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I wonder if they'll allow it more upright at higher weights in the US, since we don't have the rebound standard.

canadiangie

I wanna meet Foonf! /said in whiny stomping foot kind of voice/ :p

Why oh why are the skipping Calgary?!

I'm intrigued about the rf limit versus rebound standard thing...can't wait to hear the final verdict. :)

Shanora

Thursday April 12 - Edmonton
3 pm West Coast Kids
5:30 Max & Maude

Friday April 13 - Calgary
9 am - West Coast Kids
12 pm - Kacz Kids

:D :D :D

Chila88

Thanks for sharing all this Techno! I'm so glad you got to check it out!

Met Foonf today at a local baby boutique. First off, Chris is awesome. Great guy, patient, knows his stuff. He doesn't sound like some lame sales guy who's rattling off what someone else told him to rattle off. He knows his stuff and genuinely loves his product.

I learned a few things today that I did not know from other threads. I could have just missed it though but in case it's new to anyone else, here goes.

• Foonf is going to be manufactured in Canada! :thumbsup: Currently, all parts are North American and assembled in Mexico. Assembly is being moved to Canada…but I'm not sure if this is for ALL Clek seats, or just Canadian ones. I *think* it's for all NA seats.
  • Cleck recycles seats! Not sure if it's just the Foonf, but sounded like it was for all seats. You can call and buy a prepaid label to ship it to them and they make the fabric into pet beds and the other parts are used for other stuff (ha, ya mommy brain had me forget!)
  • minimums for rear facing are 6 months, 14#, 26" and holding head unassisted - TechnoBaby is 3.5 months old and fits on the bottom slots nicely. But, she doesn't meet the weight, height or age requirements. LOL She's 24" but long torsoed, somewhere over 13#.
  • we all know that the anti-rebound bar can only be used in the reclined position, and the weight limit is 45#. So I asked if the seat met Canada's rebound standard in the upright position RF since the anti-rebound bar can't be used. Chris wasn't completely sure yet since it hasn't undergone production testing yet, *but* suspects that it will only pass with the 33#, 3 year old dummy so can be used to 35# RF in upright mode. Now, now, before everybody starts saying BOO-URNS, remember that this seat is NOT designed for infants, so right off the bat it's not designed like the Radian to have a boot that forces the seat to 45° in every vehicle known to man. LOL In my vehicle, the reclined position seemed good and fine for older ones. I believe it will be okay to use the seat in upright mode to 45# in the U.S. though...so...;)
  • the upright RF position has a minimum of 1 year of age
  • like April said, the pics make it look super high, and even though it is higher than other seats, in real it doesn't seem as high as the pics make it look
  • while the fabrics are going to be removable, it sounds like it's more for the purpose of swapping colours when you're bored or for a new kid. Sure for washing as well, but apparently that Crypton fabric is completely amazing and stuff just comes right off. It's used in hospital beds and can take puke, poop, coffee, you name it. So you can sponge it right off with water...maybe water and something else, again, mommy brain forgetting!
  • release date is looking like August (not sure if that's just for Canada)

I think that's it for new stuff I learned. Hopefully this is new for you too!

T4K

Clek only recycles Clek. I asked them on their FB page when they announced the program several months ago.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thirsty4Knowledge said:
Clek only recycles Clek. I asked them on their FB page when they announced the program several months ago.

Oh yes I know. I meant I wasn't sure if it was just for Canada they did this or USA too.

Chila88 said:
Thanks for sharing all this Techno! I'm so glad you got to check it out!

Thanks for telling me about it! I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for you! :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

T4K

I think it includes US. They haven't specified Canada. I really like Clek as a company. I wish I had a use for that seat :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC