My dad just had the GREATEST idea for car seat checks

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I can load crash test videos on my ipod to show to those nutty parents who just insist that their tiny 1 yr olds are "plenty old enough" to ff.

Kimberly

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Re: My dad just had the GREASTEST idea for car seat checks

GREATEST not greastest, LOL.

How is it we edit again????

Kimberly

skaterbabs

I got it for ya. ;)

It is a good idea, and it works fairly well when working one-on-one, but honestly during an event I've found there just isn't enough time unfortunately.

elle7715

I think it's a great idea. You won't have time to show it to everyone but you could save it for the people who insist on having their young toddlers forward facing. All the crash test footage is what, less than a minute?

jenmann21

Senior Community Member
I can load crash test videos on my ipod to show to those nutty parents who just insist that their tiny 1 yr olds are "plenty old enough" to ff.

Kimberly

That's better than my idea. I'd planned to have my own laptop on hand, which has the crash test videos on it. iPod would be much quicker.

Like Becky said, probably more time to do that with individual appointments, though. Checks are kind of crazy! :D

Melizerd

Bring your laptop if you have one. Much bigger screen for a large check.

I show those videos to people all the time and I'm not a tech. I usually get responses like "oh my gosh" and "holy crap"

wondering1

With a laptop, especially if you cable lock it to a table, you could just loop the video and not have to interact much. With the iPhone, you can bookmark the You Tube videos for easy access but you don't want it to be stolen.

Caryn

I would love to show some of these to my neighbor and SIL. Where do I find the videos? Thanks!

skaterbabs

Yep, I take my laptop to all events, mainly because I download the recall list and don't have to print the blasted thing every time. :whistle:

But very rarely is there time to watch videos at an event.

ThreeBeans

It would be great to have a looping video on a television or computer screen of some key safety information...like the expired seat test, the rear-facing v. forward facing test, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC