Diono radian cover interchangability

christineka

I have a couple xt covers for my radian 80s. I just stuff the body pillow in the wings spot. I noticed the infant inserts for the diono models are different- the body pad has a butt pad attached. Obviously, that means you can't use the insert as a head pad any more. (I liked that.) Also, I'd guess you can't stuff that where the wings go in an rxt cover on a wingless seat. Can you make that work to put the rxt cover on the r100 or r120? If I did get a diono seat, I'd want wingless (A bigger child fits), but a blue and/or purple cover.

ADS

Phineasmama

IMO the new body support is much more substantial, the body side pads on the infant padding are very fluffy and bigger compared to the SKJP radians.

So no, they wouldn't fit inside where the wings go on an RXT cover. But I imagine you could just use the older style body pads in the RXT cover instead.

jeminijad

I have a Flora XTSL cover on an R100.

I put the wings cover through the wings slot- basically, I use the cover as if the seat has wings, only the wing covers are empty. It stays put fine, and works just like the body pad that everyone else does, just a little smaller.

christineka

I'm pretty sure the head part and bottom part of the insert are just attached by velcro on the RXT covers. :)

My spring has a dom of 1/2012. The butt and body pad is all one piece. Not sure if they changed it. The body pad is fluffier than the old one, but smaller.

lovemybabies924

U can get a different cover on the r100? What about the booster guides? Does it fit over top? I'm not gonna do it just wondering :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

jeminijad

U can get a different cover on the r100? What about the booster guides? Does it fit over top? I'm not gonna do it just wondering :)

The belt guides are small, and the covers go over them just fine.

You can put any Radian cover on an R100. The only ones I haven't personally tried are first gen covers, but hopefully I'll be able to try that soon.

SK used to have verbiage about the replacement covers for the 65/80 fitting both seats on the product sale page. I guess Diono is a bit more rigid, but I'm comfortable with the call, since the harness and child's contact with the seat are completely unaffected.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC