Clek Oobr or Frontier 85?

teekadog

I have the opportunity to trade my Frontier 85 for a Clek Oobr. (Friend with an Oobr wants to reharness younger sibling.) We've had no complaints about our Frontier 85, but I have no experience with Clek and so don't know if I'm missing out on something. I do love LATCHable boosters. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Try before you agree- some kids have issues with the shape of it and not liking it (we do find it lacks leg support, but a pillow or something under the feet is enough to remedy that for us, and my daughter loves it.)

teekadog

Oops, I forgot to mention, I can't try t out first, which is why I'm asking here. Friend is local, but out of town right now with Oobr. If I want to trade, she'll bring it back, but otherwise she's selling Oobr there and buying her own Frontier. She's a huge fan of Clek seats and knows I'm carseat obsessed and have never tried one which is why she made me the offer. (And she'd obviously like to save money by making an even trade.)

Citrine

My older daughter loves hers. She has not complained about her legs being sore. And she is a leggy child. I love how I have the option to LATCH and not worry about buckeling it in when not occopied. The few times my daughter has fallen asleep in it, her head lays back and not forward. It is not a booster that is lightweight by any means. Its not often I move it to the other car right now.

lovemybabies924

My daughter loves hers but she uses a small lightweight potty footstool wedged under the seat in front of her to keep her legs up so she stays in position.

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Jenny

not sure if I am too late to chime in. But keep in mind that if you have a SUV or even a sedan with rigid buckle stalks is it a PITA to buckle the seatbelth because the oobr seat sits so close to the buckle when latched.

Therefore my son cant do it and I have to buckle him in using some force and fanagling each time. Or choose to keep it all the way reclined (he doesnt like for everyday), buckle him in the recline position and then shove it to upright or leave it unlatched.

If you have a minivan you should be fine and not have that issue. I am sure you could always find someone to sell the oobr to if you decide you dont like it -- and get another FR85.

solmama

My kids like the Frontier and Monterey much, much better than the Oobr. The Oobr looks cool, but for my kids, that's about it. The bottom cushion isn't particularly soft and my dd would complain about her bottom hurting after about an hour or so. Her long legs were also unsupported (we did get her a lightweight stool). She now rides in a Monterey.

My ds didn't like the Oobr because of the fabric texture. He just didn't like how it felt (and it does feel kind of funny). But, he does like the Frontier85.

VoodooChile

My dd likes the Oobr better than the Frontier as a booster (we had the 80). It was so wide she was frequently locking the seat belt when buckling herself (in the Frontier). Definitely not a problem in the Oobr!

teekadog

Thanks for all the help! Good things to know about the Oobr. I was leaning towards keeping the FR85 (don't shoot me but I always regret leaving my Britax bubble) and what people had to say here made me feel that way as well so I declined the Oobr. Also, dc didn't want to give up her cow for a monkey seat. My kids hate Julius, is that weird?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC