Another 'which booster?' thread... but this one's different!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Later this week, my sister, her two children (aged 4 and 6), her friend and her daughter (aged 6), and I will be going dowtown together. My sister will drive because it is easier (and cheaper) to just pile us all into one vehicle. My sister's kids both ride in Regents and they'll stay in those for the drive, but the friend's daughter normally rides in a backless booster.

Although it would be easy to just move the friend's daughter's booster into my sister's car for the ride, we plan to use one of my highback boosters. ;)

Here's the thing... I don't know which one to bring!

The friend's daughter is six, VERY tall, and VERY thin. I haven't a clue how tall she is or how much she weighs, but I know she is at least a head taller than my DN, who is 75% for height, and is narrower than DN, who is 25% for weight. The kid is TALL and THIN.

My choices are:

~ Recaro Vivo
~ Britax Parkway SG
~ Evenflo Amp Highback

Which do you think would be the best bet? It'll go in the third row of a Honda Pilot (2010?).

Thanks!

ADS

Sceason1972

Why not just use the backless, she's a tall 6yo - it probably does fit her well? Yes high backs provide a bit more protection but the backless is not unsafe.

steph_s

I agree if she is super tall she might fit just fine in a backless booster. Otherwise I'd go with the pkwy sg only because it's the tallest booster you listed.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I saw the way the belt fits her in her mom's car and it was not ideal. It might fit differently in my sister's car, but just in case...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
We all know about my inappropriate relationship with the Vivo... But in this instance I would go with the parkway. The Vivo is great, but tall it is not.

aeormsby

I vote Vivo. We have a parkway & vivo and I seem to have to set the parkway higher than the vivo - so even though the parkway adjust higher I think the Vivo might work better. (does that make any sense? DD has more growing room in the Vivo than the PW because of the way they fit her IME)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
The vivo's top belt position is 21 inches. The parkway is only about 1/2 an inch taller. I contest that the vivo is tall, just not the tallest.

Really? I swear DD is on the 3rd click, and there's only 6... I guess it just doesn't *look* tall to me. Weird.

monstah

My first reaction is Vivo but thinking about it, if she's used to a backless and will be riding in car full of other kids, I'd expect her to be constantly leaning out of those deep wings to chat, look around, etc. And you don't want to overstep your bounds constantly telling someone else's kid to sit back if mom won't do it. I'd probably start with her LBB and if it doesn't fit properly, give the PKWY a try.

Kat_Momof3

I'd try the vivo... for the very skinny, the parkway can be too wide in the shoulders, but maybe bring along the parkway in case she's too tall for it... if she ends up having to use it backless because the shoulders are too wide, well, you'll have that option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC