Question Radian angle adjuster, headwings, headslump

some1_newhere

I had to remove the angle adjuster for my older son's radian because of the awful headslump he was having. do the headwings or lack thereof make a difference in head slump? I would be up an r100 if I knew I could use it with the angle adjuster.

ADS

some1_newhere

Almost 3. Full forward head slump with the adjuster there. which is sad because I was getting a few more inches of front passenger seat room.

creideamh

I have an XTSL and the AA still made DD have bad head slump. It doesn't with T, though. Sorry, I don't think that helped much :p

wildeyes

i have the angle adjuster installed in my moms car for the baby, and he has no head slump (8 weeks old) even without the infant support pillow like i have in my car. i actually like the seat better without the pillow. easier to get him in and out of the seat.

(yes i made the parental decision to use the angle adjuster against the directions, and i am not advocating the use of it that way for anyone else. it fixed the over-recline issue in the versa)

sharsachan

we have the AA and we have the headwings and on the rare occasion my 4 yr old falls asleep, he still has head slump. the wings don't stop it with him.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, you could try telling him when he's sleepy to lean his head to the side and back, or even giving him a very small pillow to help support it on the side, rather than leaning forward. I don't know that switching to without the wings would help any; if anything they give the head a place to lean, though I guess if he's hitting at an awkward spot the angle could be making him uncomfortable and want to tilt forward instead.

some1_newhere

He starts dozing with his head back or the the side, but inevitably it flops forward, full chin to chest. I hate to see his head bobbling around when im driving and even if I stop to fix it, he does it again.

the headwing piece behind the cover - the flat sliding piece that connects the sidewings is kind of thick, so I was wondering if a radian without the headwings would let gis head lean.back more.

Wi th out the angle adjustor he dosent have head flop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC