What to do.......

purplemama

Hmmm. I want a back up for DD. I would like a seat in my parents car so they can go somewher if needed with her when I have the baby (they have a Maestro in their car for DS2 to help with preschool transport after the baby comes). So not needed but I want a spare anyway.
I can
1: get a convertible for her and install in my parents car.

Or I can
2: get a FR85 or ProSport for DS2 and take out the Euro in my van and install in my parents car and install the combo for DS2 in my van.

I need to order today and pay extra to have it here tomorrow to install in my parents car. Keep in mind I'm an emotional unstable 39 week pregnant woman. To me the first option makes the most sense and will be less stressful.

Yes, I'm aware this is totally last minute. I'm nuts.:D

ADS

Brianna

If your convertibles will be expiring soon, I would go with option 1. This puts another convertible into the mix that will last through the youngest needing a seat.

purplemama

If your convertibles will be expiring soon, I would go with option 1. This puts another convertible into the mix that will last through the youngest needing a seat.

I have a MA65 that lives in DH's car that expires in two years. Other than that I'm good. :eek:

purplemama

I think I'm going to pick up an Apt at Kmart today. I did a bit of searching on here and discovered it doesn't have a continuous harness. I'd love a RA55 but DH is balking a bit at $160 for a back up.
Now to fit it in the back seat of a Sonata with a Maestro and an rather big 13 year old. That ought to be fun.

momtoo3

What about an Evenflo Triumph or Momentum? In most vehicles they are an easy install. The harness is no rethread and adjusts from the front and fits infants to about age 4-5 well.

I've seen a few people (both here and in real life) have an issue with the APT when installing RF.

purplemama

I ended up with a Scenera. The Apt just looked too darn wide and I was right. It was a tight fit beside the Maestro and my 13 yr old on the other side with the Scenera in the middle. I had very little time so luckily it installed great. The middle seat in the Sonata has a little lip and thats where the front of the Scenera rested on so I didn't even need any noodles.

I don't like the EFTA/Momentum because of the crotch buckle, it digs into my kids bellies. And I HATE those red tabs. And the Scenera was $45 and I needed something really cheap. And I needed it today.

I got pink so I will have a boy (murphy's law :D) (we want a boy).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC