Re-installed my seats! Look at my pics, is this okay?

Holly

I re-installed my car seats tonight. I hung up a thin piece of denim fabric along the back of the seat to help protect the seat from my daughter's shoes since I just turned her back to RF.
I also learned what the D- ring was and I wanted to tether my Radian.

Anyway, I got them both in solidly (The radian is rock solid more so than ever now that it's tethered too.)
Only problem is the Scenera's shell overlaps the Radians shell on the side where they meet. Is that bad? They are both independently tight, and the bottom of the Scenera does touch the seat bottom so it's not held up by the radian. I can swing the scenera up to the back of the seat, but it doesn't move side to side at all. I did hear a little radian foam squeeking a bit while tightening the seat belt holding in the radian, but not since then.
Will it damage the side of the radian to have the scenera resting on it? Is it unsafe?

If it is not safe, then I will need to turn my 2 year old back to FF because the radian has to be in the center otherwise it will not fit because we need to have the front seats so far back in order for us to be comfortable up there.

carseats001.jpg

carseats004.jpg

carseats003.jpg

carseats010.jpg

carseats009.jpg

carseats008.jpg

carseats011.jpg

carseats014.jpg

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It's fine for the Scenera to overlap the Radian... in fact, it's one of the features that makes it easy to do side by side installs with the Radian. It's not unsafe at all.

As long as both seats are independently installed and have less than 1" of movement at the belt path, they're good.

The pics you provided look good to me.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It looks good, but I do have a question.

Where is the tether on the Scenera? It should be hooked to the little piece on the underside of the base.

This is a terrible photo, but here it is:
S8000422.jpg

Holly

I couldn't figure out where to put the tether, so for the time being I had it hanging. Are the other latch hooks stored where they are supposed to be? you can see one of them hooked somewhere on the side in the pic that shows the radians tether. I have the radian's latch hooks stored on the seat where they are when it comes out of the box.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I couldn't figure out where to put the tether, so for the time being I had it hanging. Are the other latch hooks stored where they are supposed to be? you can see one of them hooked somewhere on the side in the pic that shows the radians tether. I have the radian's latch hooks stored on the seat where they are when it comes out of the box.

The LATCH hooks hook to those holes on the side. :) It looks like you might have yours hooked to the elastic?

VLsMom

On the Scenera, there is a plastic hole where you clip the top tether to when its not in use (when RFing). You have to loosen it a bit and pull it straight down about 8 or 9 inches to hook it. Its on the back of the seat, almost at the top of the boot that folds up when RFing).

Hope that makes sense. Its dangerous to have it just hanging unhooked to anything.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
On the Scenera, there is a plastic hole where you clip the top tether to when its not in use (when RFing). You have to loosen it a bit and pull it straight down about 8 or 9 inches to hook it. Its on the back of the seat, almost at the top of the boot that folds up when RFing).

That's a good description of where to find the piece that is photographed above. :) Thanks, VLsMom. :)

VLsMom

You are welcome! I was trying to describe it visually....as I have to do with my DH all the time with stuff. I guess I've gotten better at it. lol

Holly

Thanks guys! I just went out and fixed them!
Does it matter which way the hook faces when you hook it to the holes? The side that is next to the radian makes it kinda bumpy against the radian when it's hooked there, maybe if I turn it around and hook it again it will sit smoother there?

VLsMom

I loosened my LATCH strap a little more so I could route it behind the plastic shell groove and hooked it from the "inside". Once they are hooked, I tighten it up again so there is no slack. They're almost hidden, which I like. If you hook yours like that, they'll be completely out of the way of the Radian next to it.

As long as the whole clasp is around the hole and it snaps and is totally secured, thats the only thing to make sure of...it doesn't matter if it faces outward or inward.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC