What seats do you have that are totally superfluous?

mimieliza

What seats do you have that get no love? I mean, you have NO USE for them right now. And are you planning to sell or just hang onto them?

I have:

-Safety 1st Complete Air - I might use it for travel this summer since it is light and has nice LATCH connectors. It may end up RFing in my parents' car when they move here in the fall.
-Britax Roundabout (40 lb. limit) - LOVE this seat, but DS has outgrown it RFing. He probably won't use it much FFing, either. I'm debating selling it (locally, so this is not a Swap post).
-Graco Turbobooster - this will go into my parent's car for DD when they move here in Sept. I use it periodically when DD has a friend who we need to transport.

ADS

lovemybabies924

All my seats get used except a couple cosco lbb my mom bought for her car that I replaced

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

NannyMom

I have oodles of backless boosters and several HBB that aren't being used. I either used them previously with nanny kids or I got great deals on them. Sofi uses 1 in SIL's car, and another is loaned to a friend.

I have a SR32 and Shuttle 33. I have no use for either anymore. I used the SR32 for a friend's son last year, but they moved away and he's outgrown it. I will hang onto it for a "just in case" seat.

I have a Titan that Sofi has totally outgrown, I hang onto it as a loaner, my friend is currently using it.

I have a Roundabout40 that I have no us for, but it doesn't seem to be selling on CL.

I've recently sold alot of seats that I had no use for, otherwise this list would have been longer ;)

glockchick

By harmony boosters are getting no love because my kids claim they hurt their butts and they need more padding. They're not worth selling so I keep them for emergencies.

I have a Maestro that I thought I was going to get to use tomorrow, but it won't fit where I need it to. I'd rather use a FR 85 than the Maestro normally because the Maestro digs into my seats so it gets no love. Hopefully my nephew will use it when he's here. I got it for $40 so it's staying for those just in case moments.

I also have 2 infant seats that I don't use, but they get love. My girls use them for their babies. :love:

jeminijad

The second Radian.

Also, a Keyfit 30, for a baby that is not even conceived yet. Does it count as superfluous if I have a plan for the seat?

The Titan at my MIL's. We replaced it with a Symphony 65, and its just sitting in her garage untouched.

Phineasmama

I'm selling my Oobr because DD is apparently nowhere NEAR ready to be boostered :rolleyes:
(it was a target clearance purchase anyways)

christineka

The vivo, pink parkway (it isn't as tall as the one that will expire in a few months), and all the zillions of backless boosters. I keep them all because they aren't worth selling and with my kids, I'll eventually use them for this that and the other.

Little Ps Mama

I have a CA65 I go back and forth on selling. I'm only keeping it to use in a three across situation but right now I don't need a three across so it's just sitting there, waiting for me to make up my mind!

Ninetales

My CA isn't being used right now. I tried to sell it but got no bites. So I keep it around for if my daughter outgrows the Scenera we use for travel and I can't use it FFing for her. I'll use it full time at some point, either when the baby needs the Myride, or if I decide I don't like the MR FF.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I just gave my Comfort Sport to a friend low on funds who finally became a 2-car household. I couldn't use it at all because Patrick was too tall to even FF in it at 3. I still have a Radian XT in the other bedroom. He's way too close to the RF limit and I don't want to FF yet, but my BFF may borrow it for the summer.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Considering I have 9 seats (not counting the expired ones waiting to go to the recycle pile) and only one car seat age daughter I'd say, um, all but two. Although one is on reserve for DH's grandson who's due to be born soon... though I'll be holding on to it until his parents get tired of lugging him around in the infant seat (or it gets outgrown, whichever comes first).

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
My Coccoro. Rocket has outgrown it RF, and is much too young for me to consider FF him. But, I just loved that little seat so I don't want to get rid of it. I'll probably let my SIL use it for my 6 month old nephew.

ElfJewel

My Apex has never really been used. I got it for M when she was 4 and outgrew her harness, but it didn't fit because I already had 3 kids in a small backseat, so she went into a booster =(. It was used for about a year once a week when FIL babysat but otherwise has been in the garage. I have tried to sell it but no one wants it.

2 Nautilus that don't fit in either car, and we have other spares we like better. I could probably be talked into getting rid of them, but I keep thinking I should have something "just in case"

My Compass booster that M outgrew last year and no one needs. But K did use it last week in my mom's car.

brooklynsmommy

A coccoro, a keyfit, a maxi cosi citi, a Turbo, just sold my xtsl, and selling my frontier. The only thing being used constantly right now is an Oobr, Vivo, and RSTV.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I gave away most of my seats that are superfluous. I'm down to the SafeGuard Child Seat- it's too big to go 3 across in most scenarios, it's outgrown by my child who is actually in a FF harness, and though my other 2 fit it by height, one is still RF (and when not it tends to be in other cars for space reasons- space reasons that mean the SGCS won't fit) and the other is in a booster full-time (she could use it in a pinch, but I have no idea what those circumstances would have to be!)

My other seats aren't in constant use, but they do get used; I suppose I don't really NEED 3 Radians any more, but they get put around in different cars and used for different kids... For instance I just put in a Radian and 2 Turbos for my kids to ride in my mom's car this week (she will be buckling them herself and she has issues with using the RSTVs properly, so even though this is a tighter fit, it's a better solution when she'll be buckling them up.)

I have a scenera that isn't being used. I tried to sell it for $15 on craigslist, and no bites. The cover is spotless, and I think it was manufactured in 2010. So it's just sitting in the spare bedroom. I might offer it to my sister b/c she has no carseat in their 2nd car for her youngest, so they always have to take the minivan.

I also have an onboard 35 that isn't being used right now, but we are probably going to open up a spot for another foster infant, so there is a plan for that one :)

I had another scenera that I gave to my friend to use for her daughter a couple years ago, and I hope she doesn't give it back to me!

I also have 2 seats that I am saving for the next time I need something at a BRU trade-in event (a safety 1st designer 22 infant bucket seat and an old cosco hbb--2 seats I purchased before I knew anything about carseats) .

And we have 3 carseats installed in each car :) And if I decide to turn dd around after her 4th birthday, I am itching to buy a frontier for absolutely no reason other than I want one, and can use the radian for another kid at some point. Haha.

mominabigtruck

I also have a stash of backless boosters, a cco, a blvd that I love but just won't fit where I want it. And an avenue that I don't really like either but it fits where I want the blvd so as soon as I get my new buckles it will go into dh's car. Oh, and I almost forgot my pink regent that I have absolutely no use for, I just had to have it though.
They all live either in dh's trunk or in my kids' bathroom.Posted via Mobile Device

Pixels

Two crashed seats. Waiting for insurance to finally pay (crash was 1/23 :rolleyes:) so that I can dispose of them as insurance directs, or they will become training seats. Right now they are in limbo.

ComfortSport. Was DS's seat until last week when he started pushing the chest clip down so I had to swap it out for another seat. Saving for DD2, or DS to forget about the chest clip.

BabyTrend infant seat and base. Waiting for DD2.

None of them are really get-rid-of-able.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC