Forward facing My Ride

love-pink

Anyone have a ffing MR in a car? Is it total pain to get your child in/out being how high it sits and how high the wings are??

How high does it sit off the seat compared to the GN or a MA70?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated if anyone happens to have one :D:D

ADS

Phineasmama

Not me but one of my friends has a MyRide and absolutely hates it FFing. Says it's too reclined and really hard for her daughter to climb in and out.

skylinphoto

I used it for my 5.5 yr old ds a few months ago...and I had to lift him up into it. It sucked. He was uncomfortable and I was annoyed.

Lol. I don't like it ffing at all.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

hertweck

We have one in my husband's Jeep Liberty. We love it. I don't think it's a pain to lift DD up into it. She's about 32 pounds.

Lenae

I have a friend who uses one for her 4 year old son. She likes it quite a bit, but for her at least, it doesn't recline toooo much, so not such a big deal. And she lets her son climb in and then just buckles.

amyd

Peter LOVES the My Ride FFing. He was annoyed when I had to give it to the baby RFing instead. He loved how reclined it is. He used it FFing in the third row of my Mazda 5 on vacation and slept wonderfully. I've never needed to lift him into any seat since he turned FF.

valleyfam

DD 4yo is in the back row of my van. She has no trouble getting in or out on her own and had never complained ff.

Spam

I've used mine with my niece ffing, it wasn't hard to lift her into her and she sleeps great in it. However, that was in my mom's van, in a sedan I'm sure it's a little harder to lift up into the seat without smacking heads on the roof.

lovemybabybug

Here's a couple of pix. I didn't technically use it ff, just installed it and stuck the kid in it to see how it worked in my car ( she is still rf 100% of the time, she wasn't happy about it and kept telling me to turn it the other way, that it was wrong lol), but I didn't think it was any more difficult than using it RF. It installed very nicely in my car, both base and back of the car seat were in full contact with the vehicle seat and not overreclined at all

Last edited:

msg221

I've never used my MR forward facing but my SD has two of them in her '10 Tahoe, and I've seen her struggle getting Katelyn in it. It's up so high between the base on the seat itself and then how high up the Tahoe is so it's hard for the kids to climb in. Then my SD has to lift 32 lb. Katelyn in, and I swear, there is barely a couple of inches clearance for her to manuever her into the seat without whacking her head on the doorframe! I can't even imagine what it is going to be like as she grows even taller!

ctbcleveland

I used the MR FF for one week and hated it. My son looked like he was in a lazy boy and kept stretching his head forward because it reclined so far. Difficult to both get in the seat and get out of it.

I think it would maybe work for a new FF who had no idea it was strange. My kid was used to a radian, so he wanted nothing to do with it.

kam1011

It's very high and very reclined, but I deal with it because it makes boosters fit next to it very easily! It's so high that other seats just slide underneath. I just turned ours to take pics. Vehicle is my husband's Chevy Aveo. TB on one side, Radian on other side. And my daughter thinks it is very comfortable.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 58
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 51

love-pink

kam1011 said:
It's very high and very reclined, but I deal with it because it makes boosters fit next to it very easily! It's so high that other seats just slide underneath. I just turned ours to take pics. Vehicle is my husband's Chevy Aveo. TB on one side, Radian on other side. And my daughter thinks it is very comfortable.

Your pictures are amazingly helpful!! I'm going to try fitting two hbtb's on each side of the ffing mr :D

momtoo3

I just went out and played in dh's 2010 Malibu with the FF MR and hb turbo to get you some pictures. I don't know how the 2010 line differs from previous years other than you have the forward headrests but I hope this helps. Obviously the Impala is bigger than dh's Malibu, which sucks for carseats IMO.
So here are the pics:

Front view
DSC07305-1.jpg

up close front view
DSC07306-1.jpg

The next 3 are of the space in between the MR and TB. There is slightly more room on this side than the other side of the MR because ds2 usually has a Monterey here that has a wider headrest but still puzzles nicely. Don't mind my fist, I couldn't find a tape measure but from knuckles to wrist is about 3 inches.
DSC07303-1.jpg

DSC07302-1.jpg

DSC07301-1.jpg

And a close up of them puzzling
DSC07300-1.jpg

I don't have a good one of ds3 in the MR on my computer and I can't find the adapter to load from my phone but here is the MR with the GN next to it where you can see ds3 sleeping in the MR. It is awesome for sleeping.
142-1.jpg

Oh, and it is really high up compared to the GN but ds3 has no problem climbing into it in the middle. The floor in dh's car has a hump in the middle which acts as a step. I don't know how he would do outboard but I bet he could do it. We had a Radian before the MR and it is no harder than the RN to buckle him in the MR. Ds3 is a peanut at 3.5 yrs 29 ish pounds and 37 inches.

Last edited:

love-pink

momtoo3 said:
I just went out and played in dh's 2010 Malibu with the FF MR and hb turbo to get you some pictures. I don't know how the 2010 line differs from previous years other than you have the forward headrests but I hope this helps. Obviously the Impala is bigger than dh's Malibu, which sucks for carseats IMO.
So here are the pics:

Front view

up close front view

The next 3 are of the space in between the MR and TB. There is slightly more room on this side than the other side of the MR because ds2 usually has a Monterey here that has a wider headrest but still puzzles nicely. Don't mind my fist, I couldn't find a tape measure but from knuckles to wrist is about 3 inches.

And a close up of them puzzling

I don't have a good one of ds3 in the MR on my computer and I can't find the adapter to load from my phone but here is the MR with the GN next to it where you can see ds3 sleeping in the MR. It is awesome for sleeping.

Oh, and it is really high up compared to the GN but ds3 has no problem climbing into it in the middle. The floor in dh's car has a hump in the middle which acts as a step. I don't know how he would do outboard but I bet he could do it. We had a Radian before the MR and it is no harder than the RN to buckle him in the MR. Ds3 is a peanut at 3.5 yrs 29 ish pounds and 37 inches.

Thank you so much for taking those pictures!!!! We have a center hump on the floor too so I'm sure that will help dd. :)

Shaunam

Every kid I've used it for ff'ing loved it. My friend uses one for her very small 5 year old and he thinks it's the best seat ever. Her 2 year old puked in his seat one day so she used the MR for him and now he doesn't want to give it up. LOL

I personally don't see what the big deal is about helping a child into their seat. Of course my 4 1/2 year old has the muscle tone of a sack of potatoes and I will have to lift her in and out every day for the rest of her life, so it just seems like a minor complaint to me.

It does puzzle very well with the turbos.

Little Ps Mama

My Ds1 likes it FF too. The recline doesn't bother him and it sits up so much that he has a nice view out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

msg221

I asked my SD whether she finds the MR to be a problem but she said she has nothing to compare them to since it's the only convertible she has used for them, but that they normally get into their seats by themselves. I guess I just caught her on a day they didn't get in on their own, so that is when I saw her trying not to bump K's head. I'm betting that if she had the opportunity to try a lower profile seat, like the RN or FR85 that I have, then she'd realize what a difference it makes! I love that Nour & Zain can easily climb in behind the driver and passenger seats and get into their respective seats with no problem. The Argos does sit a tad higher up then the FR85, but Nour has no problem getting in on her own. I'm sure the MR would be a little tougher, especially since she is pretty tiny!

I just might have to try the MR next to the Turbo if I have to do 3 across since it puzzles well.

StillThankful

Photos of FF MR as compared to the GN and BLVD 70 to show you the different profile heights:

Please note that the GN is installed and the MR and BLVD 70 are not; therefore, the latter two do not have the compression they would normally have if installed and will appear to sit higher.

FWIW, I love the MR installed FF--DD1 is quite comfy and has no head slump.

GN

DSCN0423 by StillThankful, on Flickr

MR:

DSCN0424 by StillThankful, on Flickr

BLVD 70:

DSCN0425 by StillThankful, on Flickr

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC