Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

ProSport in booster mode

Anyone using theirs as a booster? I seriously love this seat, but I'm not thrilled with booster mode.

This was DD1 in it when we first got it--she must have been almost 6, 44" and 37 lbs

highest setting

and then DD2 today (5, 42", 31lb)

the belt bunches in the belt path and is hard to get it to lay flat. One setting on the headrest is too low; the next is super high.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: ProSport in booster mode

I don't like how far out the shoulderbelt is on her shoulder... I've seen it fit other kids great, but I don't think it's a good one for her.... she looks very narrow in the shoulders.

I'd probably go probooster (since she looks leggy, I don't know about the vivo for her)

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

It actually fit my DD great as a booster, the lap belt didn't bunch up and it laid flat across her legs.

I think the shoulder belt is bad on her too. Your kids are narrow!

The belt fit my kids beautifully, but my kids couldn't buckle.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

It fits both my 8 year old, 49" and my 5 year old, 41" really well in booster mode. It's normally the 5 year olds in harness mode. They can't buckle it either when it's in booster mode. Does the height on your seat belt adjust? It seems to come in very high up.
    Carrie- CPSTI and busy WOH Mama to
    A., 11 yr old, I., 8 yr old, E., 4 yr. old, and baby O. 2 yr, old!

Which kiddo actually uses the seat? Were you just trying things for fun with the 31 lb'r or is she using it as a booster?

The belt fit is good on my kids, but it's SO wide, I don't like it. Plus, there's no way my kids can buckle themselves in it. It's a FF only seat for us.
    Genevieve - CPST Instructor
    Ninja - 9
    Gambit - 7
    Rocket - 3

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangie
    Which kiddo actually uses the seat? Were you just trying things for fun with the 31 lb'r or is she using it as a booster?
    My oldest uses it in daddy's car in booster mode since she's outgrown the harness. I just put it back in my car for DD2; she rode in it in booster mode once but I put the straps back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Avery'sMama View Post
    It fits both my 8 year old, 49" and my 5 year old, 41" really well in booster mode. It's normally the 5 year olds in harness mode. They can't buckle it either when it's in booster mode. Does the height on your seat belt adjust? It seems to come in very high up.
    She can't buckle anyway, since it's so tight back there. She can buckle in the other vehicle. The seatbelts are adjusted all the way down.