Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Adhd and car seat.

I had a friend ask me to watch her son who has ADHD. He is very active and does not sit still. I'm taking my two boys and him to movies.

I have no idea what he rides in in my car but I am thinking harnessed in the GN? He will fit I can tell his size next to my boys. I can not imagine him in a booster.

Opinions?

auto correct hates me
    A five stepper and a booster rider

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MorgieBear'sMama's Avatar
    If You don't think he will sit properly in a booster, he needs to be harnessed. How old is he?

Quote Originally Posted by MorgieBear'sMama
    If You don't think he will sit properly in a booster, he needs to be harnessed. How old is he?
    6 yrs old.

auto correct hates me
    A five stepper and a booster rider

Re: Adhd and car seat.

I would harness. Maybe you could re-harness your son for the trip too so the friend doesn't feel bad about it?

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Re: Adhd and car seat.

My ginormous 6yo is still harnessed because of his mental health issues. I tried boostering him for a while when he outgrew his fr but I was having to pull over all the time. I would definitely harness him if you've got a seat available.
    Posted via Mobile Device