Big kids rfing in EFT65 or Momentum

Dorothy

I'm wondering if DD would fit rfing in a EFT65 or Momentum. She has outgrown the MR by height and TF by weight. I think she's 24" seated and 37#. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so I won't be able to look in-store. We would probably be better served by a Radian, but I've seen some Momentums on sale... Bonus points for any pics of a similar-sized kid rfing in either seat. TIA

Sent from my phone using the app :)

ADS

HaileysMommy

I'm wondering if DD would fit rfing in a EFT65 or Momentum. She has outgrown the MR by height and TF by weight. I think she's 24" seated and 37#. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so I won't be able to look in-store. We would probably be better served by a Radian, but I've seen some Momentums on sale... Bonus points for any pics of a similar-sized kid rfing in either seat. TIA

Nope. Momentum has the same shell height as the MR and the EFTA is an inch shorter.

ETA: Complete Air might be your best bet as long as your LO isn't near 40" unless you wanna ignore that :)

Brianna

This pic is recent, within the past 2 weeks. He has 1 1/4 inches above his head in the MR, so very close to outgrown
2012-03-17_08-49-42_227.jpg

Brianna

HaileysMommy said:
Nope. Momentum has the same shell height as the MR and the EFTA is an inch shorter.

Wow. Installations in different vehicles make a huge difference. The EFTA gives more room for me than the MR.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Dorothy

Ugh! We have long drive coming up, and I'd like to rf DD so she can sleep. She just cannot get comfy ffing, bc she goes completely floppy when she snoozes. She wakes after about 20-30 min and is sooooo miserably grumpy. I have the itch to buy a new seat, but I probably ought to go out and try the MR ffing again instead. I haven't tried since they clarified feet touching/not touching. (Anyone have the link to that thread?) That should have plenty of recline for her to nap!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Isn't the My Ride similar to the old Marathon? We had another year at least in the EFTA over the Marathon. I have seen measurements on here indicating the EFTA is shorter but that was not our experience at all :confused:

momtotwogirls

We also found the EFTA to be taller than the myride. She still fit in the EFTA when the MR had been long outgrown.
Emma was right at the 1 inch mark at just over 4 yrs old and 16 in torso. This wasnt her everyday ride we were jsut playing but she fit. its hard to see but the little yellow line is the top of the seat.
pinketayellow-2.jpg

How old is the child in question? I mean if she gains height slow then id consider the radian and if its weight then maybe a momentum but she is really close to outgrowing either by weight or height so depending on age Id just forward face.

Dorothy

momtotwogirls said:
We also found the EFTA to be taller than the myride. She still fit in the EFTA when the MR had been long outgrown.
Emma was right at the 1 inch mark at just over 4 yrs old and 16 in torso. This wasnt her everyday ride we were jsut playing but she fit. its hard to see but the little yellow line is the top of the seat.

How old is the child in question? I mean if she gains height slow then id consider the radian and if its weight then maybe a momentum but she is really close to outgrowing either by weight or height so depending on age Id just forward face.

DD is 4. She normally rides ffing in a TF or Maestro, but I was wanting to rf her for a long drive next month. She has trouble sleeping ffing, and I thought rfing her would be better for all of us. ;-) I do have a younger child who could use the seat when he outgrows his current seats.

I just thought of a problem with the Evenflo seats and a ffing MR- no harness covers. DD is very fussy about straps digging into her neck. And when she falls asleep and leans to the side, even wide set straps dig in. I'd have to remember to put her in a collared shirt that day.

HaileysMommy

Isn't the My Ride similar to the old Marathon? We had another year at least in the EFTA over the Marathon. I have seen measurements on here indicating the EFTA is shorter but that was not our experience at all :confused:

I went and looked up the measurements here listed and thats how I got my answer. If its wrong then someone needs to get the right measurements. How very misleading!

Ugh! We have long drive coming up, and I'd like to rf DD so she can sleep. She just cannot get comfy ffing, bc she goes completely floppy when she snoozes. She wakes after about 20-30 min and is sooooo miserably grumpy. I have the itch to buy a new seat, but I probably ought to go out and try the MR ffing again instead. I haven't tried since they clarified feet touching/not touching. (Anyone have the link to that thread?) That should have plenty of recline for her to nap!

Does the MR recline a lot FF in your car? If it does then I bet she could sleep quite comfortably in it. In my car it reclined so much that the 45* rfing line was level to the ground :eek:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I went and looked up the measurements here listed and thats how I got my answer. If its wrong then someone needs to get the right measurements. How very misleading!

It could just be one of those magical things like the Marathon and the Radian having the same top slots, yet the Radian lasts longer, etc.

These were within a month of each other.
Girls144.jpg

park002.jpg

HaileysMommy

It could just be one of those magical things like the Marathon and the Radian having the same top slots, yet the Radian lasts longer, etc.

Weird..now I wish I still had my MR so I could see how DD fits between it and the EFTA. Guess you can't always trust the numbers :thumbsdown:

Brianna

Like PP said, it can just be the way they install in vehicles. I think Tuesday I'll have access to both the EFTA and MR so I'll compare the measurements to what's posted here. I'd assume they're pretty accurate, but measuring car seats is always fun :cool:

KaiLing

I'm curious too: I was told recently that the decending order of height was Momentum, EFTA, MR, new Britax. Is that debated?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
That's the harness height. The Momentum shell is taller though.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I had heard both were shorter. I still haven't seen a Momentum in person; our stores don't carry them. :rolleyes: I'm glad they made a taller shell, but why would they make the harness height lower :confused:

BeautifulChaos

I thought the Momentum was the same shell height, but the seat was deeper, giving slightly more room? I have a pic somewhere of my then 4 1/2 yo in one somewhere

166635_10150397484570294_815005293_17136262_7524076_n.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC