HBB for an average 8 YO?

todzwife

DS rode in his harmony on the past trip we took because I needed him in the middle of his sisters so I could fold down the back seats of my van to take a bunch of crap home to my siblings.

Anyway, on the way back, the seats were back up and he sat in the back and was MISERABLE. He kept complaining "MOOOOOM! There is no where for me to put my head!" "My back hurts!" "My bum hurts" "I need my brown seat!"

He usually rides in a PWSG, but now that he's outgrown the turbobooster (barely) it's been in DH's car. DH's car does not have side curtain airbags in the back and I feel it's important for him to have that extra protection.

As evidence of the past 2 weeks since our trip, moving the seat back and forth is a hassle I'd rather not bother with, so I'm considering getting him another HBB.

Which are taller like the PWSG? Any great deals out there?

ADS

carseatfreak

While I don't like the belt falling out of the upper belt guide on my vehicle, my dd who is 8 and I would say avg size loves the Monterey. Has plenty of growing room. We didn't use the seat for a few weeks trying a nbb and when she sat it in again she asked if she could put it in the van and use it.

luckyclov

Well, DS1 is a short 9 year old (barely 53") with a long torso and the only HBBs left out there that he still fits in are the PWSG/L (he's on the last adjustment with about an inch and a half left to grow) and the FR85 in booster mode. I suspect he'll still fit in the KWP in booster mode, but with not much, or any, growing room left. And the KWP is $279 (and appears to have fluctuating - good/bad - belt fits on kids in booster mode).

So, I'd just get another PWSG/L. :p

mommaon112903

My son is a shrimp :p at 48" and 47lbs but has a LONG torso. We have a Recaro ProBooster and he still has two or three clicks left in it. We also have a Monterey in storage but it doesn't fit him as well as the PB does. I do not like the PSG/PSGL as I like "beefy" boosters.

luckyclov

My son is a shrimp :p at 48" and 47lbs but has a LONG torso. We have a Recaro ProBooster and he still has two or three clicks left in it. We also have a Monterey in storage but it doesn't fit him as well as the PB does. I do not like the PSG/PSGL as I like "beefy" boosters.
DD is 7 1/2 years old and 49.5" tall and is on the last adjustment in the ProBooster and Monterey with no growing room left. That's a lotta torso. :p

mommaon112903

DD is 7 1/2 years old and 49.5" tall and is on the last adjustment in the ProBooster and Monterey with no growing room left. That's a lotta torso. :p

My son is 8.4yrs, so a shrimp at his current height and weight but his torso just kills us! :p I couldn't imagine a 7.6yr old with that much torso though! I bet it is fun finding shirts that fit, huh? :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC