Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Since my LATCH strap has a broken casing on the adjuster, I contacted GRACO and am probably going to have to purchase new full back support for this seat. If I do I'm also ordering new head support as my foam is split on the head support.
    Technically since the bottom has 9 years can I then use this seat as a whole the full 9 years? I replaced harness last year after ds was sick on them.

auto correct hates me
    A five stepper and a booster rider

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Expanding Nautilus Expiration?

I bet the new parts you get will be labeled to the new 10 year expiration standard. I would only use it to the 9 years stated on the base that you have, so yeah, probably it's all good for 9 from the date on your base (unless you replace the base, then the back again, then you could have the 'same' seat for infinity, lol)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Is the seat already 3 years old? If the base is 3 years old, it has 6 more years, as would the new back portion and the new head portion.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3
    I bet the new parts you get will be labeled to the new 10 year expiration standard. I would only use it to the 9 years stated on the base that you have, so yeah, probably it's all good for 9 from the date on your base (unless you replace the base, then the back again, then you could have the 'same' seat for infinity, lol)
    I was thinking if I ordered the 40.00 base I am replacing the seat for 1/2 the cost. So it may not be bad idea.

auto correct hates me

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom
    Is the seat already 3 years old? If the base is 3 years old, it has 6 more years, as would the new back portion and the new head portion.
    It's a 2008. I also have a 2010 that I will probably do the same thing for so I can give it to someone eventually.

auto correct hates me

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    I thought the 10yrs was only going for booster mode?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

For backless booster mode. Harness and high back are still six years.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

New manual only says follow date on bottom of seat, the picture includes the back attached, can't find anything about 2 expiration dates... (page 14 http://download.gracobaby.com/Produc.../PD100876A.pdf)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crazy

I emailed them in Jan or so to ask and they told me there are 2 dates on the bottom and to go by those dates. However, I was only able to find 1 date in store.

Baylor, did Graco say anything about not using the new seat in harness mode more than 6 years after DOM? A new thread today reminded me of your thread. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=222320

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15