Bubblebum

ADS

tam_shops

Thanks for sharing! I'd love one, not just to store in the car for those moments you weren't expecting an extra child and/or they child doesn't bring one and you forgot your spare, but b/c our Graco LBB doesn't really fit very well anyway!

I wonder how/what/where they'll put the stickers on something like that?

tam

selinajean

I like the idea of the belt guides for the lap belt. Have any of you used it? Does that introduce extra slack in the belt on the sides or do they work well?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like the idea of the belt guides for the lap belt. Have any of you used it? Does that introduce extra slack in the belt on the sides or do they work well?

There was a review done on carseatblog awhile ago, and it seemed to position the belt really well on a variety of kids from what I can remember. I recall that they're a bit tricky to thread at first, but that the child who rode in the seat was able to figure it out and do it for himself. (Think it was a he - don't quite me on that part now, it's been awhile since I read the review.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I wonder how/what/where they'll put the stickers on something like that?

tam
The labels are on the outside "case" that the cushion sits inside- on the part with the belt reinforcement, which the guides are sewn to. :)
They work really really well. They keep the belt VERY low on every kid I've tried it on in every car we've tried it in (though kids too young to use it may be able to slide enough to achieve poor fit, kids old enough seem not to) and they suggest that a) you have the child put the belt in (much easier for their nimbler fingers) and b) you do it after the belt is buckled, which helps eliminate any slack getting caught, though you do tighten it up once they are through- the belt will still slide enough to let you do that. :)

U

Unregistered

I bought one on eBay for my daughter (4 yr old) for our trip to Mexico in Feb. We use private transport to resorts from the airport and I really don't like those gross carseats they provide (which is too small anyway) and we really didn't wanna carry around our Britax plus an infant carseat for my baby boy all the way to Mexico.

Bottom line is: this booster seat is amazing! It perfectly guides both lap and shoulder belt and keeps in position. But one thing to remind is that US version and UK version is slightly different. We own US version and it comes with a shoulder belt guide which I found very handy for smaller users (4-5 yr olds?). Also, materials are really sturdy and strong (it's kinda like high quality life jacket material, so I don't think it will pop easily. It has rubbery bottom, so it won't slide around, and takes few seconds to blow up.

It has some foam inside, so it's a little difficult to squeeze the air out, but that's pretty much the only complaint I have. We are not using it at the moment, because it's not approved to use in Canada yet, but I won't hesitate to use it anytime. It really is better than any other backless boosters because of awesome seatbelt guides. Maybe not too comfortable for long car rides (haven't tested yet...our ride to the resort was only 30 mins), but I can see I will be great for grandparents car or when my daughter need to be picked up by someone else than me. I can put the seat in her bag for whoever to blow up and use for her!

Hope this answered some questions in this thread!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC