Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Which car seats fit in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and a 2011 Jetta VW Sedan?

I am helping a friend to find car seats that fit her vehicle. I need to know which rear facing car seats will fit in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and which forward facing car seats fit in the 2011 Jetta VW Sedan.

I do know that she has a 3 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. She isn't sure if she will move the child to a booster seat at age 4, but she does want to rear face her 6 month old as long as possible.

Her 6 month old mostly rides in the Hyundai and her 3 1/2 year old is usually in the Jetta.

I know the vehicles are very new, but if anyone out there has these cars what fits?

The toys r us here doesn't have the Diono Radian car seat on display. I read a different thread and someone has a 2010 Tucson and their radian fits (better with the angle adjuster), but my friend has a 2011.

Are there other car seats with a high weight and height limit other than the radian?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Which car seats fit in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and a 2011 Jetta VW Sedan?

We used to have a 2000 Jetta and the only thing that fit in it was the Cosco Scenera. I don't know the size difference in that two so hopefully someone else will chime in. Britax seats are known for fitting in small cars she could try that for her 6 mo for sure.

Re: Which car seats fit in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and a 2011 Jetta VW Sedan?

The radian has the highest rfing weight limit in the US. 45lbs. Lots and lots of other seats offer 40lb rear facing weight limits though and unless baby is especially large, they should be good too. I agree with the britax convertibles for small cars. True fits are supposed to be great in smaller cars too although I have not personally had that experience.

As for the 3yo. How big is the child? What is her budget with seats? There are a few different options out there for ffing. If there will only be one carseat (or even 2) in the backseat then chances are any seat would fit fine ffing.

Did you know that BRU will let you try the seats in your car before you buy? Just a thought.
    DD (6/2010 30lbs, 39 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and ffing in a chase
    DS (1/2012 26lbs, 36 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and a r100