Question Which car seats fit in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and a 2011 Jetta VW Sedan?

boneheaderss

I am helping a friend to find car seats that fit her vehicle. I need to know which rear facing car seats will fit in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and which forward facing car seats fit in the 2011 Jetta VW Sedan.

I do know that she has a 3 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. She isn't sure if she will move the child to a booster seat at age 4, but she does want to rear face her 6 month old as long as possible.

Her 6 month old mostly rides in the Hyundai and her 3 1/2 year old is usually in the Jetta.

I know the vehicles are very new, but if anyone out there has these cars what fits?

The toys r us here doesn't have the Diono Radian car seat on display. I read a different thread and someone has a 2010 Tucson and their radian fits (better with the angle adjuster), but my friend has a 2011.

Are there other car seats with a high weight and height limit other than the radian?

ADS

klu0906

We used to have a 2000 Jetta and the only thing that fit in it was the Cosco Scenera. I don't know the size difference in that two so hopefully someone else will chime in. Britax seats are known for fitting in small cars she could try that for her 6 mo for sure.

java

The radian has the highest rfing weight limit in the US. 45lbs. Lots and lots of other seats offer 40lb rear facing weight limits though and unless baby is especially large, they should be good too. I agree with the britax convertibles for small cars. True fits are supposed to be great in smaller cars too although I have not personally had that experience.

As for the 3yo. How big is the child? What is her budget with seats? There are a few different options out there for ffing. If there will only be one carseat (or even 2) in the backseat then chances are any seat would fit fine ffing.

Did you know that BRU will let you try the seats in your car before you buy? Just a thought.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC