Flying with high back boosters.

diaperjoys

So I know my kids cannot use a booster while ON the planes. But how do I get a high back booster to our destination?? We'll be gone for a month, so I'm hoping not to resort to no-back boosters.

I'll have three seats available for me to use once we arrive: Nautilus, Nautilus Evenflo Triumph Deluxe.

Here's the kiddos & current seats if that helps at all.

DS#1 -almost 9yo, Monterey hbb
DS#2 - almost 8yo, Nautilus hbb
DS#3 - 6yo, Monterey hbb
DD - 4.5, Nautilus

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Take the 4 yr olds nauti(use in flight) and convert it to a booster when you get to your desination. Then put the 4 yr old in the EFTA. Another option would be to get a turbo booster and leave it in the box and check it. Pack a screwdriver and assemble it upon arrival.

Susan

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm confused on when you need the seats. You are taking a HBB but also have seats at your destination?
Is your booster one that can be used with or without the back? I would take the bottom part on the plane as a carry-on and pack the back in your luggage. That way, you have the booster at your destination if you need it and your luggage doesn't make it.

diaperjoys

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it was okay to check booster parts. I know that is a no-no with harnessed car seats, but this is the first time we've flown since we had kids that were booster age.

Yes, we have 4 kids, and 3 seats available to use when we get there.

C

soygurl

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it was okay to check booster parts. I know that is a no-no with harnessed car seats, but this is the first time we've flown since we had kids that were booster age.

Yes, we have 4 kids, and 3 seats available to use when we get there.

C

It's only ok to check a seat (booster or harnessed) if you pack it in a strong box or suitcase, and pad it securely. The back of a booster will often fit in a larger suitcase, and will be fairly well padded by the clothes. You still don't ever want to check (even gate checking!) a booster if it's unpacked, or only in a lightweight travel bag. They simply get tossed around too much, and should be considered crashed.

I'd do like a PP suggested, and bring your Nautilus for your 4yo to use on the plane. Then convert it, and the other two Nautiluses (at your destination) to booster mode for your older three kids to use. Use the ETFA for your 4yo. If your oldest child doesn't fit in the high back nautilus anymore, I would be totally fine with a nearly 9yo in a backless booster. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC