Help! Britax Frontier 85 Livia or Pink Sky??

luckymommy

I am having a very hard time deciding between the Livia or Pink Sky fabrics. I have been searching through reviews of both and am just very confused. I am mainly concerned about the comfort level. I have read that the Livia is very slick and cold and not as comfortable as the Pink Sky, but that the Pink Sky has problems with snagging and crumbs getting stuck in the mesh. I know that the Pink Sky is discontinued but I can still find it on a couple of sites for more than what I'd pay for the Livia, but if it is that much of a difference I am willing to pay a little extra for the comfort.
If anyone has just a Pink Sky cover that they would be willing to sell - I would be interested! I have been thinking about purchasing the Livia seat and an extra Pink Sky cover but would like it used for price.
My daughter will be coming out of a Marathon seat with a plush and comfy cover - I know the Frontier will not be anything like that but I would still like her to be comfortable! And from what I can tell it seems no stores sell or have these seats in stock in store right now so it's impossible for me to see and feel them in person :( If anyone has any pictures of either the Livia or Pink Sky, please post and tell me your experiences!

Thanks

ADS

Phineasmama

I would not get pink sky, it's mesh and doesn't hold up well. I haven't owned it myself but I've seen pics and it always looks so dingy and has snags all over the place!
You are definitely going to want to buy the seat in Livia, that way you'll get a newer seat, the pink sky has been discontinued and you don't want an older date of manufacture.

They do have the cover on Britax's website
http://www.britaxusa.com/store/details/accessories/frontier-85/frontier-85-pink-sky-cover-set

ETA: if you want a plushy cover like the Marathon has you could always get Cowmoo. But I honestly don't think there will be a comfort problem with livia. You could also order it on Amazon and they have free return shipping if you don't like it ;)

2BunniesMommy

We have both. I like Livia better, both the color and the feel. No complaints from either kid in either seat and both had plush Britaxes before.

MaKoski

We have a Livia, DD#1 loves it. No complaints. We ordered it form Target.com and it wasn't even a month old when we got it.

wnkw

We have pink sky and have none of the above mentioned problems BUT it does show dirt/etc. Easy to clean with wet rag but prob not as easy to keep clean as the Livia. We have Livia parkway booster but my dd has only rode in it twice on short trips to town.

aeormsby

We had a pink sky cover for our Frontier & the Livia for our Parkway. I definitely like the Livia better. The light pink & mesh just make it hard to keep the pink clean. I just recently washed the Livia for the first time after it had been in use for a year and it still looked fabulous (didn't really need to be washed, but I was rearranging stuff).

HEVY

I have both as well. I have had no problem keeping the pink sky clean, once it was really dingy and came clean with a gentle wash. But I also don't allow eating and drinking other than water in the car.

But the livia is nicer looking and softer, I don't know how well it cleans cause we rarely use it.

I would choose the livia.

luckyclov

DD has had both (she still has the Livia). Definitely prefer Livia. Not only is the color prettier (IMO), but it's easier to keep clean and doesn't pill like Pink Sky (which is mesh).

:yeahthatlove: To those above! :yeahthatlove:

I too had the Great Comfort Debate! We choose the Livia:love: simply because 1.) It was WAY cheaper on amazon at the time and it was HOT off the Manf. Line with a "made date" of 2/12 2).
I did a little research on the mesh type covers and snags etc. were frequently mentioned.

We went from a Plush Marathon into the Livia and my DD loves her seat! I don't find it that cold seat an issue (we wear tights and long pants in the Fall/Winter/Spring months so that would have no baring anyhow) I too do not allow food except dry crackers and Water to be eaten in her seat. Good Luck. I Would not think twice now about getting a Livia. If you really wanted a plush seatcover go for the CooMooflage!! That is a plush seat all over. :) that was our (READ...MY) choice. It got shot down for PINK!! Jeez. Girls! :rolleyes:

VoodooChile

Dd had Pink Sky on a Frontier 80 and snagged the heck out of it, especially in the seat area. Britax was kind enough to send us a replacement, and the new cover had black velour on the seat instead of the pink mesh, so the second cover held up MUCH better than the first. The paler pink shows dirt pretty badly, and you're definitely right about crumbs getting into the mesh if you allow snacks in the car. I don't unless we're on a road trip, but I definitely needed to wash it after road trips!

tnt1014

We ended up going with the Cowmoo and it is so soft! If you're looking for plush that's the way to go. I thought my little girly girl was going to insist on pink but she fell in love with the cow :)

luckymommy

Thank you everyone for all the replies!! After reading what everyone has said I think I will probably be going with the Livia! Personally I would rather have the plush cowmoo but my girly girl insists on pink!! Her little brother, who will be moving up to her marathon, is currently in a cowmoo chaperone so I think she wants to be different. :)

Phineasmama

Our Livia got here today and I really like it :) It's similar to like a windbreaker material I guess? But it seems really soft to me. And seems like it'll be easy to clean.

Chila88

If I was buying a FR today I think I would choose Livia just because its so pretty :love: but I did want to add that my DD has been riding in a Pink Sky FR for 18mos or so and the cover has held up VERY well. We have no snags, and I haven't had issue at all with it getting dirty. Not like that Allison cover on my MA....now THAT shows dirt! :mad:

Athena

Our Livia got here today and I really like it :) It's similar to like a windbreaker material I guess? But it seems really soft to me. And seems like it'll be easy to clean.

I agree! Ours arrived today. I vote for Livia!

The black is like a soft velour and the pink does feel like nylon, but very padded and nice like a nice quilted insulated snow suit? My only concern is that it might feel chilly in winter, but it might not.

All I can say is my DD's are already fighting over it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC