• Recaro Signo for DS

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Mariposa Marathon for DD

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Princess Radian for DD

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

elle7715

I'm saving up to get a second seat and should be able to order it next month. It will probably take me that long to decide on one anyway! So what do you think?

Boulevard - DD didn't like the wings on the Boulevard. When she is forward facing she probably won't mind but she won't be doing that for a few more years. However I doubt DS will mind so that's why I'm considering a BV or Recaro Signo for him.

Recaro - I'm worried I won't like it as much as a Britax. And I'm worried it won't fit well in our car because of that huge base and tall shell. The fact that it has such high weight limits doesn't really excite me. I think it will sit too high and be too babyish for a kid that big.

Radian - It's be nice to be able to do three across in the backseat (doesn't that sound dirty?). Right now we don't need to but it's tempting to have that option. Plus I think DD would go nuts for that painfully pink cover :p.

Marathon - Let's be honest...I just want the Mariposa cover! LOL

Also to keep in mind...
I'll be 'upgrading' the seats in my mom's car in a year or two. So thenI could switch seats as needed. (Like buying a Radian if we need to do 3 across and putting a Britax in my mom's car).
I have a fiercely jealous two year old who will want the new seat for herself and adores anything girly.

ADS

LuvMyGirls

I voted for the Princess Radian80 for several reasons. 1) Your daughter is close to my dd1's size at her age and dd1 still fits in the Radian80 at 9 years old. 2)An 8 year life span means more use for about the same money. 3) If you put your daughter in a booster before the Radian80 expires, you can put a new cover on it and let your son use it. 4) If you have another baby (does your mention of possibly needing 3 across suggest this is a possibility?) you may easily get 8 years of use out of the Radian.

I really like the Mariposa cover but I personally think the Marathons sit up way too high for older/bigger kids.

Also, is your son in a SnugRide or a ComfortSport in you siggy?

elle7715

I voted for the Princess Radian80 for several reasons. 1) Your daughter is close to my dd1's size at her age and dd1 still fits in the Radian80 at 9 years old. 2)An 8 year life span means more use for about the same money. 3) If you put your daughter in a booster before the Radian80 expires, you can put a new cover on it and let your son use it. 4) If you have another baby (does your mention of possibly needing 3 across suggest this is a possibility?) you may easily get 8 years of use out of the Radian.

Those are all great points, thank you! The Radian is looking like the better option, even though I don't want it to be! :eek: But I want the best seat for our situation. We are planning on more kids but not for about 5 more years. But DD will be starting preschool and a mom has already approached me about driving her daughter home. This way I could. And it would allow me to have DS in the center. It's just so...pink! :eek:

DS is in a ComfortSport in that picture. It's our spare seat. Both pictures were actually taken in our living room. We were at a BBQ all day and they were so tired I took the seats out of my dad's car (installed with Latch, so I got them out smoothly) with them still in it. They stayed asleep so I took some pictures. He just barely fits in his Snugride so we'll be moving him to his sister's old AlphaSport very soon.

LuvMyGirls

The Princess is definitely very pink, but a girly girl will love it. All the pictures I saw online just didn't do it justice. It is so much prettier in person. The red piping really sets it off. I love it. And like I said, 8 years for the same price as 6. Plus the seat is longer and the shoulder area is a little wider than the Marathon.

Misty-Bug

I really like the Mariposa cover but I personally think the Marathons sit up way too high for older/bigger kids.

I would LOVE to see a pic of your 9 year old in the radian. I just want to see the differences cause I want to get one and see what they look like in them at a bigger age. KWIM? My son is about 23lbs at 15 months.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

My daughter will be 9 on October 12th and she still fits in the Radian. I'll try to attach a photo of her in it. A small photo is in my avatar. By the way, I know that the harness is not tight. I asked her to get back in and buckle up for the photo. We loosen them to get out easier. Just don't want anyone thinking bad thoughts.

Last edited:

elle7715

OK, it's decided! We will be getting the pink/green flower power seat LOL. I'm sure DD will love it. She has a bright pink paisley purse (I'll have to take a picture of it) so bright pink is a favorite. Yes, my 2.5 year old carries a purse sometimes. I don't even carry one. How is this my daughter? :p

Misty-Bug

My daughter will be 9 on October 12th and she still fits in the Radian. I'll try to attach a photo of her in it. A small photo is in my avatar. By the way, I know that the harness is not tight. I asked her to get back in and buckle up for the photo. We loosen them to get out easier. Just don't want anyone thinking bad thoughts.

well that is good to see. I posted somethign seperate and asked to see the older kids in one. Is she on the top slot? She looks like she has growing room still left. Am I right or wrong?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We love our Princess Radian too so I voted for that. DD gets so excited when I tell her we're going bye-bye and she says "Oh mama princess carseat! Pretty pink princess carseat."

Misty-Bug

Well, here she is. She turned 9 on June 11. She is about 65-67 pounds and 53 inches. Her torso is about 18.75 inches. I haven't tried her it in installed in the car since I have it rear-facing.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x75/thegreen4/?action=view&current=Princess006.jpg
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x75/thegreen4/?action=view&current=Princess003.jpg
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x75/thegreen4/?action=view&current=Princess004.jpg

she's a cutie. Are her legs squished on teh sides at all? Does she find it comfortable? She is JUST under the highest setting hey. I wish I saw this in my thread too! LOL! Thanks for posting

LuvMyGirls

I bought the Radian80 for my 14 month old. My 9 year old really liked it and would love to have one, but she is obviously too big to consider buying one for her. Her legs/hips were not squished in the seat. She said it was comfortable. Granted, she was only trying it out in the house and hasn't tried to ride in it.

Sorry, I meant to post these pics in your thread too, but it's been a busy week and I've had limited computer time. I will try to install the Princess ff and get some pics of her in it tomorrow.

Misty-Bug

I bought the Radian80 for my 14 month old. My 9 year old really liked it and would love to have one, but she is obviously too big to consider buying one for her. Her legs/hips were not squished in the seat. She said it was comfortable. Granted, she was only trying it out in the house and hasn't tried to ride in it.

Sorry, I meant to post these pics in your thread too, but it's been a busy week and I've had limited computer time. I will try to install the Princess ff and get some pics of her in it tomorrow.

thanks. Not to be a pain but then I have it all in one spot and I can convince hubby even easier. LOL. ALthough he really doesn't have a say;)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

well that is good to see. I posted somethign seperate and asked to see the older kids in one. Is she on the top slot? She looks like she has growing room still left. Am I right or wrong?

She is on the top slots. I know that the Radian 80 you can use it even with shoulders higher than top slot, up to 51 inches tall or ears at top of shell. She likes the seat and has no complaints whatsoever. Her shoulders are level with the top slots.

Last edited:

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
Timely thread :) We are looking for a seat for DD who is the same size as your DD but 3 1/2. I have to say that the Radian responses might be swaying me! I have fear of the Regent right now, plus we are planning a third, so the convertible will get used.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC