Car seat stain removal..

Baylor

So I could not get this clean and was going to chuck it. However I figured since people were looking for one I would give it one more shot. The first picture is after washing it normally. Still stained.

IMG_1519.jpg

The second one, I broke open a tide Pod on it rubbed it in, let is sit 2 minutes, Then sprayed with AWESOME spray from dollar store and it came up like new!!

Just wanted to share. Its been like that for a year. and I could not get what looked like water stains out.

IMG_1529.jpg

The covers are all the same color. I just took one at night and one in the morning with bright light.

IMG_1532-1.jpg

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
My Nautilus is stained exactly like that and hasn't come out in the wash - I'm totally going to try harder. Thank you!

Also can I just say how aggravating it is that the seats in MY car that DS is in every single day multiple times a day are clean, but somehow the Nautilus in DH's car that DS rides in once or twice a week for like 10 minutes at a time is FILTHY all the time. I don't get it.

Baylor

EmmaCPST said:
My Nautilus is stained exactly like that and hasn't come out in the wash - I'm totally going to try harder. Thank you!

Also can I just say how aggravating it is that the seats in MY car that DS is in every single day multiple times a day are clean, but somehow the Nautilus in DH's car that DS rides in once or twice a week for like 10 minutes at a time is FILTHY all the time. I don't get it.

I know!! That is why I called them and they sent me the breakers. Those stains are not food or anything. The only thing he had in that seat was water.

I wet the seat first. Opened each section of the pod rubbed if together to make it soapy and make sure it was everywhere I needed it to be. sprayed it with Awesome and threw it in a warm wash.

I really did not think it would do anything. But it did! Hope it works for you.

auto correct hates me

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Oxyclean soaks + sunlight can do the same thing. I got lots of mildew stains out of a stroller skin that way.

What was the name of the dollar store spray?

brooklynsmommy

Oxiclean soak In the bathtub or a bucket gets anything out. Seriously. I've bought trashed things, cleaned them up and resold them for double (not car seats).

Baylor

Oxy clean does not work for me. I did not expect this to work after a year of setting in but it did. Looks brand new!!

auto correct hates me

Rebelnicky04

Thanks for the tip. It looks awesome. I will have to try it. I always hate it when the Radian harnesses get gross and on the old ones (07s) they are unremovable :(

msg221

I was wondering how well those Tide pods worked. I may have to try it on some t-shirts that DH got dirty and I couldn't get the stains out. Namely MY Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns player) t-shirt that he ruined!

Thanks for the tip. It looks awesome. I will have to try it. I always hate it when the Radian harnesses get gross and on the old ones (07s) they are unremovable :(

I just wanted to say how adorable your DD is in your siggy pic! I want to blow raspberries on that tummy! :D

:yeahthatlove:

That is totally why I went with Black on Black for my hubby's truck!! I agree 110% with what you said!! The rest of my hubby's truck is pretty much trashed too!:eek: My car suffers from Overly Cleaness! Guess something has to balance out that relationship :rolleyes:

Thanks for the cleaning tip!! I will have to store that away for future use!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC