Pics of our kwp

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Evelyn is almost 7, 37 lbs and 49". She is too tall for the shield but as u see it still goes mid armpit

image-266525216.jpg

image-837467637.jpg

And booster mode

image-3881710366.jpg

Also for all those mad about how crappy boosters are in the 3rd row of dodge vans?? This is perfect! Belt retracts freely!!! First booster I've ever tried that worked. Woohoo!

Baylor

That's a dang expensive booster.

I want to like this.

It sure is pretty. And your models are adorable!!

auto correct hates me

fyrfightermomma

Baylor said:
That's a dang expensive booster.

I want to like this.

It sure is pretty. And your models are adorable!!

auto correct hates me

Well I'm using it as a Carseat not a booster so for $230 it's not bad.

Baylor

fyrfightermomma said:
Well I'm using it as a Carseat not a booster so for $230 it's not bad.

Yeah. I was just thinking. The only use I could get out of it is as a booster. That part I love.

auto correct hates me

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
How easy is it to use?

If we move MIL will be doing our school drop off and pick up and with her RA she has a really hard time with the chest clips on our seats and sometimes the crotch buckle. But it looks like it buckles like a seat belt on the side?

CaseyRN

I just keep thinking of how hot you would be riding in that sheild in the summer.

I cant bring myself to feel the love right now. It just looks uncomfortable and hot longterm.

Little Ps Mama

I just keep thinking of how hot you would be riding in that sheild in the summer.

I cant bring myself to feel the love right now. It just looks uncomfortable and hot longterm.

:yeahthatsad: I'm sure this has a lot to do with it coming from an adult's perspective and not a child's, but I feel claustrophobic just looking at it. :eek:

Your riders are definitely adorable though. :love:

Baylor

Little Ps Mama said:
:yeahthatsad: I'm sure this has a lot to do with it coming from an adult's perspective and not a child's, but I feel claustrophobic just looking at it. :eek:

Your riders are definitely adorable though. :love:

I know my kids would not like this. I just wonder about kids falling asleep in the forward position laying on it.

auto correct hates me

mum2two

Evelyn is almost 7, 37 lbs and 49". She is too tall for the shield but as u see it still goes mid armpit

View attachment 16030

View attachment 16031

And booster mode

View attachment 16032

Also for all those mad about how crappy boosters are in the 3rd row of dodge vans?? This is perfect! Belt retracts freely!!! First booster I've ever tried that worked. Woohoo!

On E, is it just the picture or does the lap belt ride pretty high, I can't tell with her plaid skirt?

First off your kiddo's are darling!!

I agree on the shield (what some of the others have said) It looks really hot in the summer and confining, my daughter would hate that.:( Second the whole shield makes me nervous when there is no crotch strap to hold them from slipping under the shield itself. What if they are wearing really slippery clothes etc. Just makes me nervous. :eek: curious to see what happens longterm with this seat.

Chris

I can see this seat working if a kid starts out in it from day one of ffing, but I think I would have a serious battle on my hands trying to get DD to ride in something that constrained her so much. She is awesome in a 5 pt harness and always asks me to tighten it so that it is very snug, but she likes to be able to move her arms and such a lot. Also super curious how these kids like the seat in real life.

fyrfightermomma

yetanotherjen said:
How easy is it to use?

If we move MIL will be doing our school drop off and pick up and with her RA she has a really hard time with the chest clips on our seats and sometimes the crotch buckle. But it looks like it buckles like a seat belt on the side?

Yes the latch on the side buckles just like a seatbelt. It's extremely easy

fyrfightermomma

We haven't driven with it yet. E loves it but loves snug things like that. Of corse she's the only one who can't use it!

Jj was in a bad mood so we will see what happens tomorrow

E loved it when we had hers a few years ago and it was summer. She never complained about being hot

Also, it's basically physically impossible to slip under the shield. It is snug against their thighs. There would be no way to slip under

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
My boy is almost 40 lbs already and not FF for probably another year, but if they are able to up te weight limit of the shield by the time I turn him, this may be a good option. I think he might like the shield.

I was wondering, could a child undo the shield by themself?

fyrfightermomma

moonmommy said:
My boy is almost 40 lbs already and not FF for probably another year, but if they are able to up te weight limit of the shield by the time I turn him, this may be a good option. I think he might like the shield.

I was wondering, could a child undo the shield by themself?

My kids couldn't reach far enough to even try

Baylor

fyrfightermomma said:
It's high on both girls. Didn't expect that at all!

So as a booster not so good?? I just don't see a need for this seat. I think in theory it works. However I just hate the whole " safer than rf" hype and I think there are way more cons than pros for that price.

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC