Not loving the BFF - other bag suggestions?

penguingrooves

i almost got the petunia pickle bottom bag which converts to a backpack. as pretty as they are (and i could've gotten a new one for $60 from a relative), i'd thrash the fabric too quickly, so i decided against it. also, not as functional for my needs. it's so hard to find a bag that works that you may not need a diaper bag by the time you find the perfect one. i've resigned that as long as i don't hate it, a "good enough" bag is sufficient.

good luck with your search. i feel your frustration, sigh...

ADS

penguingrooves

i'm sure you already checked these, but if you like the look of nest bleecker, maybe a storksak like olivia or emily?? storksaks are too pockety for me, but they're much prettier than my generic nylon backpack.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
penguingrooves said:
it's so hard to find a bag that works that you may not need a diaper bag by the time you find the perfect one. i've resigned that as long as i don't hate it, a "good enough" bag is sufficient.

Isn't that the truth? I still have my 2 bags from DD2 that didn't work out!! Maybe I'm too easily annoyed. LOL

penguingrooves said:
i'm sure you already checked these, but if you like the look of nest bleecker, maybe a storksak like olivia or emily?? storksaks are too pockety for me, but they're much prettier than my generic nylon backpack.

Yes, I like both. My problem with them was that they were still just one large section with smaller pockets. I really want more than one large section or at least an inside pocket that's the entire width of the bag. Or a divider in the main section.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Have you thought about finding a WAHM to custom make you a bag?

Oh geez, if it's taking me this long to find a commercial bag, I can't even imagine how long it would take me to seek out a WAHM and choose fabrics and features! And the problem is, I don't quite know what I want! I just know that I'll know when I see it! LOL But if anyone has a WAHM to recommend, I'd be happy to check out their stuff!

I'm just a bit boggled that every bag out there has a million small pockets but almost none with full sized interior pockets or large sections. Am I really the only person that wants this?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My diaper bag only has large size inner pockets.

Seriously -- maybe you should go to Babies R Us and "browse" for what you want?
Our BRU doesn't have much other than cheap crap. And we only have one location. It's a smaller store in a small city so that's probably why. I did check out our 2 baby boutiques, and one only carries Timi & Leslie and only three styles and the other had JJB, PPB and one other brand.

I also hear good reviews of the Lands End Do it All Bag. I haven't used it as my main bag but got one on Craigslist that I use as a toy bag/plane bag because it is so easy to reach everything inside
http://www.landsend.com/pp/do-it-all-diaper-bag~213834_-1.html

They sure have changed that bag! It used to be really, really bland and ugly. Now it's just bland, but not ugly. LOL Oh I wish it was patterned or had a nice colour, the colour choices are awful! But, I am going to take a closer look at it. Perhaps I'll have to suck it up and have a super boring bag if it otherwise works for me.

Or maybe I should just go for the Timi & Leslie dual bag I posted above and hope that I don't get one that falls apart.

saskatoonymommy

I have a Lululemon bag I use as my diaper bag.....I think it's called the Arabesque. It has a large main compartment with a few small pockets on the inside on the side. There is an outside pocket on the front and a pocket on the back that is designed for wet stuff plus it came with a separate drawstring tote you can put wet stuff in. I don't use cloth diapers so I am not sure how this would work for you but it is a non-diaper bag that functions very well for me with a 10 month old baby and an almost 4 year old. Goo luck!

amyd

I like the Timi and Leslie bag you posted. It's worth a try, right? Worst case, you use it for a bit, it falls apart and hopefully the company will replace or refund. I'd def check the warranty before buying, though. I do understand your diaper bag woes, I've been through a bunch too. I've got a discontinued one now and if it ever breaks, I'm going to cry cause I don't think there's anything else out there that's exactly what I want.

soygurl

Have you gotten a new bag yet?

My friend was just telling me about the new bag she wants, and when I checked it out, I thought of you. It's the JJ Cole Myla, but some of their other bags might work for you too.

The possible drawbacks/issues are that none of their bags seem to have backpack strap options, and not all of the bags come w/ stroller clips. The good news about that, is that their stroller clips seem pretty reasonably prices ($8 for a set), and they also look pretty easy to take put on/take off so it might not be too much of a pain to use just one pair for both of your strollers.

Also, the "bottle" pockets look like they might be too small for a large water bottle, but I think they might just "open up" toward the inside of the bag, rather than the outside? It's hard to tell.

Anyway, I just thought I'd toss it out there as a suggestion incase you still haven't found anything! ;)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I actually did get a bag. Just yesterday! It's the 7am Enfant Barcelona. It's super soft, so not heavy at all. Has a nice, large mesh zip pocket for TechnoBaby's spare clothes and a few other things. Then has 3 other mesh pockets for bum spray/cream, cloth wipes and a pocket yet to be filled. An inside zip pocket for my lipstick and a few other mommy things. And 2 front pockets, one for quick access to my "quick milk is spraying everywhere" clothes and the other is still empty I think. The main area holds cloth diapers, wet bag and the change pad.

http://www.onesmileymonkey.com/2011/12/7-a-m-enfant-barcelona-diaper-bag-giveaway/
http://www.babydash.net/2011/12/7-am-enfant-barcelona-diaper-bag-review.html?m=1

The bag holds much more than it looks like it would! It's very casual looking but mine is a metallic navy blue with pewter trim for my bling. No backpack straps, but it has short straps so you can just keep it on your shoulder easily. Not like when there is one long shoulder strap and the bag swings and slides off your shoulder when you bend.

Not perfect (of course ;)), but so far I like it. The pockets actually hold things and the diapers sit at the bottom of the bag, below the pockets, leaving easy access to the pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC