Crash checklist

kirst

My cousin wrecked her car. Insurance is telling her they wont replace her seats because the wreck wasnt bad enough but I know for sure it was. Her car needs towed cuz its not drivable she was sore the seats are eddie bauer and I believe saftey first. One was installed and one in the trunk. Nationwide is saying that it wasnt a side impact so they dont need replaced. What are they thinking? They need replaced and sould be covered right?

ADS

Brianna

They must be replaced, this can be found in the manuals.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
They need to be replaced. If the other driver is at fault, her or his insurance should cover them. If she was at fault or no fault was determined, coverage depends on her policy. Whether they need to be replaced (they do!) is different than whether she is covered for replacement (it depends).

Irishmama

DH was rear-ended a month ago. The at-fault drivers insurance insisted the seats were fine. Asking for the insurance company, in a written letter, to assume liability for the seats in any future accidents helped us greatly. ;)

kirst

Im thinking it was her fault as she rear ended someone so she may just have to buy her own new seats.

kirst

Well she should be covered. They said its in her policy but there trying to say that the crash doesnt meet the requirements to replace the seats and that she can use them. I dont know where they are getting this cuz the car isnt drivable. They are being very difficult.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Well she should be covered. They said its in her policy but there trying to say that the crash doesnt meet the requirements to replace the seats and that she can use them. I dont know where they are getting this cuz the car isnt drivable. They are being very difficult.

She is just going to have to be a bit pushy honestly. Have her show them the NHTSA recommendations as well as what her car seat manufactures say. I had two friends recently have the same issue with State Farm, after a post on their facebook page asking for help (a nice post but detailing the issue) both ended up getting checks for their seats.

chrissymarie107

CPS Technician
Both of the seats are Dorel and Dorel requires seats to be replaced after any crash. I was rear-ended a few months ago and Dorel sent me a letter to give to the insurance stating that my seat needed replaced. Have your cousin call Dorel and tell her to have the seat model numbers handy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC