Question about turbo fit (with pic)

arly1983

ETA: I just reread the manual again and I can only find where it says that the turbo must fit tightly against the back of the seat which it does. It doesn't say anything about the bottom on the seat so I am assuming this is ok since no tech here has replied any different. It only does this on the right passenger side. The left must have some extra room but I still want to know in case I were to get a second turbo.

So without the awfuld headrest I was able to get the Turbo in a 3-across on either side of the MA but it looks like this on the right. Couldn't get it in any other configuration with the MA or the Mastro.

Anyway, because of the sculpting on the sides of the seat, there is a gap under the base. Is this ok?

Its a bear to buckle but to keep the kids in HBs without spending any more money, I can live with it. I also have an OSPW on the way so DS could sit in that. Amazing what taking off the headrest can do. Before they pushed the boosters foward. Now the booster can go behind the lip of the MA perfectly.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

DS on top setting.
IMAG0049.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

mamakc

Yay! Do you still have the dreamtime? Now that the head rests are gone it might be *perfect*

arly1983

Yay! Do you still have the dreamtime? Now that the head rests are gone it might be *perfect*

Nope, but I was just thinking about it. I could go right back and get it after lunch. Walmart is only 4 miles from my house. :thumbsup:

My DH would be so excited. When I told him the price of the seats I ordered, he turned purple. :eek:

arly1983

I think the bottom of the Dreamtime is shaped perfectly for that spot.

It doesn't work. :( :( :(

I can't buckle it without pulling it out completely and then the buckle catches between the MA and the dreamtime when I try to slide it back. The turbo I can buckle with some wiggling.

I guess we will see what happens with the parkway. If not, I will buy DS a turbo and hope he doesn't grow very quickly.

Anybody know if that gap is acceptable? It isn't as bad when someone is sitting in it.

Last edited:

arly1983

Ok, I just reread the manual again and I can only find where it says that the turbo must fit tightly against the back of the seat which it does. It doesn't say anything about the bottom on the seat so I am assuming this is ok since no tech here has replied any different.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I don't know that I would be comfortable with that. The gap doesn't worry me so much as the fact that the Marathon is causing it to hang in midair, which means the Marathon is supporting weight of the booster and child, and in a crash who knows what that added weight would do.

Brianna

I've read through most of the tech manual *not by any means claiming to be a tech* and I don't recall anything like this being addressed. I think your best bet here is to send pictures to Graco- the first one, and another shot of the gap with a child sitting on it and get their opinion.

cryswilkins

arly1983 said:
Looking for a tech opinion.

Does the seat make full contact when they sit on it? I would say that if 80% of the base is on the seat I would be ok with it. It's not ideal, but if that is the ONLY seat that works I would use it.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

arly1983

Does the seat make full contact when they sit on it? I would say that if 80% of the base is on the seat I would be ok with it. It's not ideal, but if that is the ONLY seat that works I would use it.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

It does make full contact when they sit on it and 100% of the base is on the seat. Literider and topsider do work so I am just going to call it a no go.

Now whatabout the dreamtime below?

Its sitting on seat flush and its right on the Marathons base. I figured out a way to buckle it (very painful). DD has one more position to go. DS is on the last position with little room to go.

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

arly1983

I don't know that I would be comfortable with that. The gap doesn't worry me so much as the fact that the Marathon is causing it to hang in midair, which means the Marathon is supporting weight of the booster and child, and in a crash who knows what that added weight would do.

Good points. Thank you.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Dreamtime looks good, although the Turbo on the other side seems to have the same gap. Our Harmony is impossible to buckle, too, without sliding the whole seat over. Luckily my kids are lightweights, but yeah it's getting old.

arly1983

The Dreamtime looks good, although the Turbo on the other side seems to have the same gap. Our Harmony is impossible to buckle, too, without sliding the whole seat over. Luckily my kids are lightweights, but yeah it's getting old.

Yes, its is gaping now. :( With the dreamtime I seem to have lost the tiny big of extra room I had on the other side. :( :( :(

I will live with the buckling problems if I have too and its looking like I have to.

Do you think DS has enough room in the dreamtime to justify one for him (if I can get two to fit) ?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Not really :( Could you use it for DD once the PW gets here for your DS? The Parkway worked wonders for us in my backseat; hopefully it does the trick in yours too.

arly1983

Not really :( Could you use it for DD once the PW gets here for your DS? The Parkway worked wonders for us in my backseat; hopefully it does the trick in yours too.

Yes, I can do that. I am REALLY hoping that the parkway works wonders for us too. Thank you. :D

mburks26

If the Parkway doesn't work have you tried a Vivo I know it fits in those type of seats it goes higher the the Turbo and Dreamtime.

mamakc

Maybe light rider for ds, dreamtime for dd and leave it bucked for her to climb into and out of?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC