Is this a fake video? *video is potentially upsetting*

ADS

nevaehsmommy

Rough Google translation of above article

Visitors to the Internet in full to discuss an accident that occurred Feb. 24 at the village Omutischi Petushki area. Off-road "Nissan" wagon collided with a counter: pickup shattered into small pieces, the driver was killed instantly. Video of the accident, written subsequent to the DVR, "Nissan" car traveled around almost all the online forums. "Tin" - so dubbed some of its users. Official sources of information, in particular, the Office of Traffic Police of the Vladimir region expressed not so emotional.
- February 24, about 18 hours and 20 minutes on the 109-kilometer highway M-7 Volga car driver «Nissan Navara» - Moscow resident born in 1980 lost control and performed on a collision with a motor vehicle "GAZ", - said Mikhail Maslov, an inspector Traffic Police Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia Vladimir region. - As a result, «Nissan Navara» drove into oncoming traffic and collided with a Freightliner truck and a car "VAZ 21723". From his injuries SUV driver died at the scene. In addition, the driver suffered "Lada." With numerous cut wounds a person was hospitalized. Now the traffic police department investigation Petushki district conducted investigation verification.
- Driver "Nissan" was named Alexander. He was a good guy, an experienced driver. I was driving home to his wife and children - he has two of them ... - A message on one of the sites put a familiar victim. - The funeral will be held February 28 in Balashikha ... For us it is a tragedy ... It's such grief. No one understands how it all could happen. "

People just superstitious the idea that the driver of "Nissan" has become another victim of an enchanted road, any way is considered part of the road near the village of Omutischi. November 3, 2007 around 11:00 pm it was on the 109th kilometer of the route Moscow - Ufa crashed theater and film actor Aleksandr Dedjushko. In the car, "Toyota Picnic" also had a wife a son eight years. On that tragic day were terrible weather conditions, it was snowing. The actor lost control, drove into the oncoming lane and collided with a truck "for sale". All three died on the spot. And in March 2009 about this same passenger bus collided with a truck "KamAZ". As a result, both vehicles caught fire. Killed 12 bus passengers - businessmen from Ulyanovsk, and both drivers.
If you do not take into account the mystical version, February 23 it was snowing. The video of the tragedy shows that the "Nissan" touched the wheel "furrow" of wet snow and then threw the first car to the right by a passing "Gazelle" and then tossed into the oncoming lane. Perhaps the accident would not have happened if the road cleaned. And even more so there would be a terrible collision, if it stood on this site "bump" on the need for a long time that experts say. However, to get a comment about the timing of the installation facility, the Office of the highway Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod, the Federal Road Agency, we have not succeeded. Phones just do not respond.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It doesn't strike me as especially odd to have a dash camera; DH uses one pretty often as he likes to compile videos of winter driving (cnd all the cars off the road, nasty snowstorms, moose etc) and he did one over the solstice when he was driving all night to show the sunlight. He's nerdy :shrug-shoulders:

nevaehsmommy

I did not even think of a dash cam. I swear I live under a rock.

My first thought was it was teens making a movie that is meant to look real but is fake. I forget what those are called.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Even if it wasn't a dash cam, it's not odd to be videoing. We have many videos of us on the highway travelling; anytime we go on vacation the passenger videos part of the trip.

Sad video. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Baylor

How horrible. I have never seen a car explode like that. That poor trucker.

auto correct hates me

HaileysMommy

I seriously don't understand how the vehicle just went...POOF! Was it made of styrofoam!?!?! It's just really weird....

4boysmom

I seriously don't understand how the vehicle just went...POOF! Was it made of styrofoam!?!?! It's just really weird....

It is hard to tell how much it "went poof" because the camera barely caught the accident as it hapened a split second to the left of the drivers view. If he had been a few hundred feet back we would have seen "the bigger picture". Creepy that the translation is that he "died on scene" rather than "instantly" or "on impact". It appears that driver lived to suffer for at least a little while after impact. Beaten and freezing cold :(

4boysmom

There are more videos out there of the aftermath. Theres no way he didn't die on impact.

I surely hope so and that it was a "lousy" "translation" between languages. I could not imagine the car imploding and him not being killed on impact let alone... um "still being in one peice" :(

MikeM

Creepy that the translation is that he "died on scene" rather than "instantly" or "on impact". It appears that driver lived to suffer for at least a little while after impact.

You're reading a lot into a machine translation. Also, it might not be obvious from the translation presented that the first paragraph is written by a reporter, but the second paragraph (which contains the "died on the scene" part you're taking issue with) is quoting a (dispassionate) government official who's summarizing the event and all injuries.

Google translation> pickup shattered into small pieces, the driver was killed instantly.

This is an OK translation. So the driver of the pickup/Nissan/SUV/"off-road" *was* killed instantly. (мгновенно -- instantly, instantaneously)

Google translation> From his injuries SUV driver died at the scene. In addition, the driver suffered "Lada." With numerous cut wounds a person was hospitalized.

Better would be something like this:

The driver of the Nissan died from trauma at the scene of the accident. In addition, a Lada driver suffered injuries and was hospitalized for numerous facial lacerations.

4boysmom

You're reading a lot into a machine translation. Also, it might not be obvious from the translation presented that the first paragraph is written by a reporter, but the second paragraph (which contains the "died on the scene" part you're taking issue with) is quoting a (dispassionate) government official who's summarizing the event and all injuries.

Google translation> pickup shattered into small pieces, the driver was killed instantly.

This is an OK translation. So the driver of the pickup/Nissan/SUV/"off-road" *was* killed instantly. (мгновенно -- instantly, instantaneously)

Google translation> From his injuries SUV driver died at the scene. In addition, the driver suffered "Lada." With numerous cut wounds a person was hospitalized.

Better would be something like this:

The driver of the Nissan died from trauma at the scene of the accident. In addition, a Lada driver suffered injuries and was hospitalized for numerous facial lacerations.

I did not realize it was a machine translation. It would not be odd for someone here to be able to read Russian. I thought that poster translated it. I did not know if "Lada" was a location, a type of car or a state of being from the original translation so several spots like that were confusing to read. Either way I was just making a "side comment" of sorts not something to get upset or offended about :). I was not "taking issue" with anything :confused: Strange thing happen and people survive weird things they "shouldn't have" so it is fathomable that perhaps he did not die instantly.
I dunno it was not a big deal to me I just noticed the way it read left me open to wondering if he did not in fact die instantly.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I didn't watch the video but there are a LOT of crash videos on youtube.. the guys at work were just watching some pretty crazy ones the other day. And apparently there's a camera app that you can just run the camera and if it catches something you want to save, it has the last 5 minutes or whatever in the memory so that you can save it. My boss has a dash mount thing to use his tablet as a GPS and it positions it perfectly that he uses the dash cam app all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC