Can you please tell me about the newer BLVD 70 fabrics?

rae1026

Title says it all. We tired 4 month old DD in a BLVD 70 today and really liked the fit. I've been trying to find info/pics about the fabric options, but most of the covers that people have mentioned on this forum have been discontinued. I know someone posted a great description and close-up pics of the Caitlin, but can anyone tell me about the others: Aztec, Silver Birch, or Zebra? I'm really trying to figure out if any of them are plush. I had brownstone covers on my older kids' classic BLVDs as well as an onyx. We loved the softness of the brownstone. I remember that there used to be more velour-like covers, but now they all look like upholstery fabric, at least to me.

So, can anyone help me pick a soft cover for my little girl? Even if only the headwings and strap covers are plush, at least it's something! Or if you have one of these covers and you love it, even if it's not plush, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks a lot! :)

ADS

abreuer88

I don't know if it comes in cow moo but it's plush! I remember seeming the zebra print at bru and I believe it was plush as well!

rae1026

Thanks for the responses! As car as I know, the Cowmoo is only for the Blvd 70 CS, which I don't really want/need. I was hoping the zebra would be comparable, but I'm pretty sure it's not plush. One amazon reviewer described it as "durable" but never mentioned softness. Also, over on the blog, someone asked about zebra in the comments of the ABC expo post. Kecia answered by saying zebra is NOT plush. :(

jsmom

I have a regular BLVD70 and it came with Cowmoo on it, I do believe that the covers are interchangeable between the BLVD70 and BLVD70CS.

lovemy2kidstw

rae1026 said:
Thanks for the responses! As car as I know, the Cowmoo is only for the Blvd 70 CS, which I don't really want/need. I was hoping the zebra would be comparable, but I'm pretty sure it's not plush. One amazon reviewer described it as "durable" but never mentioned softness. Also, over on the blog, someone asked about zebra in the comments of the ABC expo post. Kecia answered by saying zebra is NOT plush. :(

I saw the zebra in a store Saturday & it is NOT plush. I was disappointed. It is more of a upholstery type material, think your grandmas couch ;). I think they missed the mark w/ the zebra. The cowmoo is plush & I thought you could get it for the regular boulevard. The only difference in the boulevard & the marathon is the headwings. The advocate is the one that has the huge things on the side.

lovemy2kidstw

gigi said:
Is the Zebra like the Riveira in terms of feel?

I'm not sure, I haven't ever felt the riviera. To me it feels like a tapestry table runner. I think it would be durable, just not very soft. It's not as pretty of a zebra as the classic. I think it would have looked better if the gray was darker so it contrasted more.

rae1026

I don't know why they stopped making the regular blvd in cowmoo. I wouldn't have minded so much if they had at least replaced it with another plush option, but they didn't. You can buy the cowmoo cover separately (it's actually for the CS), but it's $79 and I really can't justify that.

Can someone tell me how the CS works? Is it annoying or can you just ignore it? Does it take batteries or something? Sorry, I just can't figure out what it actually does, lol! :confused:

Briteliteus

KaysKidz said:
:whistle: I have Anna (from the Advocate) on my BV70 and it is all plush. And devine.

I also have Anna. Love how soft it is. I have Sopia which is kind of smooth in the center and plush on the sides. And I have Opus grey, which seems to be the softest of the three covers I have.

The click safe just clicks when the harness is tight enough. There are no batteries or anything extra, you just tighten as you normally would. I do ignore it most of the time and tighten a little more after the "click" but I also think its a great help/tool for my husband. :) hope that helps a little.

abreuer88

We have the CS and like PP said it clicks when it's "in range" of being snug. We just had a malfunction with ours and it doesn't click anymore and they are sending us a new one. The cover will be in onyx so I can tell you what that cover is like when we get it! I think if I got another I wouldn't be bothered with the CS, although I do like the idea of the side impact cusions. :)
HTH
And I also agree with PP about the husband thing! Its a little more guidance for them :)

rae1026

So it sounds like, if I want a plush cover, I either have to buy one of the more expensive seats, or buy the regular BLVD and then buy a separate cover that is really meant for one of the more expensive seats. Sigh. If I do end up getting one of the newer BLVD covers, I'll have to post pictures since I couldn't find any "real life" pictures of these seats on the web! Are the fabrics so new that no one has them yet? Anyway, thanks for responding!

PunkyMonkey

I have the zebra and I always refer to it as a denim material but its really great... it stays cool and cleans up really easy! Might not be what you are looking for but I really like it. :)

I believe its the same material as "Caitlin", I can go take some real life pics if you want?

PunkyMonkey

Also, looks like you still can get the moo is regular Blvd... they're just out of their tree with this price:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Boulevard-Convertible-Previous-Cowmooflage/dp/B003OUWIMQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1332811753&sr=8-8"]Amazon.com: Britax Boulevard 70 Convertible Car Seat (Previous Version), Cowmooflage: Baby[/ame]

i guess because its being discontinued in the regular Blvd (non CS).

rae1026

Yeah, at that price, I would just buy a CS blvd, or even an advocate, I guess. But the other reason I don't really want to buy one of the older blvds is due to the change in the bolts on the base. A while ago, people were having problems with the bolts becoming so loose that the seat was actually detaching from the base. There was at least on post on here about it. The newer seats have different bolts in that spot--you can't actually tighten them yourself anymore. I saw both the new and old versions side-by-side at BRU yesterday. I really want to make sure that I get a seat with the newer bolts.

PunkyMonkey

OK here is a few, I hope this helps you, they just don't come out to really truly show you but its like smooth denim and its really nice! Its a little stiff at first but it definitely is getting softer and nothing snags at all..

d851bdb7.jpg

f22fa64f.jpg

3e0b4a64.jpg

a67cf539.jpg

311e12be.jpg

rae1026

Thank you! The pictures were very helpful. I think we would like that cover. I assume the headwings/pads are the same soft fabric that Britax has always used? Kind of...velour-ish? Furry? Sorry, not sure how to describe it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC