Bofore I wash the cover and the harness?

lourdes

What do I need to know before I wash the cover and the harness of the Radian? With my other car seats I didn't know that washing the harness was not ok, but I need to know what is allow, and if the harness come completely off the car seat, I call Britax ones and the rep told me that the harness can be wash with a tiny amount of woolite but I didn't trust that answer.

ADS

Jessica61624

Depends on how old your Radian is. Some of the first models the straps don't come off. When I wash the straps I use a wet wash cloth with allens naturally(laundry detergent) and then use a clean wet wash cloth to rinse.

YinzerMama

If a rep said you can use a little woolite why do you not trust that answer?

I feel like we really need better answers or solutions to car seat straps besides "don't wash them" - kids barf and pee and I just can't see how leaving those things can really be BETTER then a cold gentle wash and air dry. For some kids buying new straps every time that happens could get insane. If Britax is saying you can wash the straps somehow that is awesome!

Lys

Senior Community Member
You can hand wash the straps. Like wiping off with a wet cloth that you wring out in a sink full of water and woolite. But they should not be submerged in the water or cleaners.

lourdes

YinzerMama said:
If a rep said you can use a little woolite why do you not trust that answer?

I feel like we really need better answers or solutions to car seat straps besides "don't wash them" - kids barf and pee and I just can't see how leaving those things can really be BETTER then a cold gentle wash and air dry. For some kids buying new straps every time that happens could get insane. If Britax is saying you can wash the straps somehow that is awesome!

I didn't trust her because first I ask and she said no but when I told her that I have already wash the straps with a tiny amount of woolite and the air dry she said that it was ok as long as I didn't use the washer machine or the dryer, She said that hand wash was ok but wipe wash was the recommendation.

lourdes

Jessica61624 said:
Depends on how old your Radian is. Some of the first models the straps don't come off. When I wash the straps I use a wet wash cloth with allens naturally(laundry detergent) and then use a clean wet wash cloth to rinse.

The DOM is 09

jjordan

It sounds to me like the Britax rep originally said "don't wash" because she was thinking of a washing machine wash. I also have been told by a Britax rep that it is okay to hand wash a harness with a small amount of gentle soap.

Since you are now wondering about a Radian harness, call Diono and see what they say (or see if there is anything in the manual). But your options are already quite limited by the fact that the harness is not removable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC