How do they look?

Kobain's Mommy

The truck is my dad's 2003 Ram. It's got the weird middle seat in the back but the MR is more than 80% on the seat. And the tether is through the loop behind the seat and run to the hook on the other side of the truck. I believe that's how I read to do it on here.
c97448e0.jpg

4c933c0b.jpg

ADS

jenfrogmom

We have the same truck and have to do that. I am only worry about one thing in that truck, it doesn't have headrests, so I worry about rebounding into the glass window rear facing, if we were in an accident.

Syllieann

We have the same truck and have to do that. I am only worry about one thing in that truck, it doesn't have headrests, so I worry about rebounding into the glass window rear facing, if we were in an accident.

That scares me too in our truck. I'll only use seats w/ rebound control because of it but our seatbacks are much shorter too.

Kobain's Mommy

That's my big concern in our truck. The kids are rarely in this truck, it's my dad and he only has them in emergencies. My dad wanted me to put them in the box and leave them there. I told him they'd be installed in the car. In DH's truck (a 98 Ram) we'll have a CCO and I'll RF tether it. We are getting a FR85 for DS in there. We only take the truck when we need to haul something big, and right now with the CA behind me and the SR32 in the center my seat is pretty much sitting on the dash inches from the air bag. Not my comfort level.

cryswilkins

Forgive me if I am missing something but isn't your DS young? Like under two? Is he heavy and not able to rear-face?

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

Kobain's Mommy

He won't be in the FR till he's over 2. But he's over 30lbs. I think he's getting close to 35lbs. In my dad's truck I wasn't even going to fight it. I don't even think he'll ride in the till he's over 2. The cars he'll still be RFing since he's in them almost daily.

jenfrogmom

I wouldn't worry too much about it if it is just a once in a while thing, we hardly ever drive our truck either. Hence the fact that it has like 42,000 miles on it and it's an 03!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
You said you ran the tether through the loop on the back of that seat, then connected it on the other side of the truck? Is there not a loop in the center? Typically you'd route the tether through that seat's loop, then hook it onto the loop of an adjacent seat. (I might have misunderstood though.)

jenfrogmom

I run the tether through the loop behind the seat it is on, then over to three middle, then back behind the car seat. Clear as mud?

Kobain's Mommy

It had a center loop but for the life of me I couldn't get the flipping thing pulled up and have no idea how to flip the seat up to get it loose. It's in the loop directly behind the seat then ran along the back seat to the hook on the passenger's side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC