Made some kids safer today...

erind

My friend called today looking for carseat help. Social services called her to come and get her brother's kids due to many issues they are having. The seat that came out of his car was horrible. It looks like they made a seat out of pieces they had found. It was a scenera shell that was actually not expired. The harness however, we are not sure about. They had turned it into a three point harness, and then just had the two harness straps tied together behind the seat. :eek: My friend fixed that before she took them, but used the seat to get home and called me. The crotch buckle was from another seat altogether. This seat was being used for a 2 year old. The 40lb 6 year old was not in a seat at all.

I ended up loaning her my RN for the 6 YO, and she had a Chase that we used for the 2 YO. It expires in December, but will work for now. Here is a pic of the seat the little boy came in.

ADS

erind

christineka said:
I wonder if it used to have an ohs because the buckle would go with one.

I didn't think of that. That makes it a little better other than the part where the harness wasn't attached to anything. How horrible is it to use it without the ohs?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC