My 6 yr old...

Shanree

CPS Technician
My 49 pound 6 year old girl asked me if I would turn her rear facing like her baby brother :) I only wish I could! Too bad they don't make rf seats for higher weights than 45! She is such a petite little thing, if my radian would just allow rf to 50 or so I think she would fit great.

Shanna (via Android app)

ADS

Baylor

Shanree said:
My 49 pound 6 year old girl asked me if I would turn her rear facing like her baby brother :) I only wish I could! Too bad they don't make rf seats for higher weights than 45! She is such a petite little thing, if my radian would just allow rf to 50 or so I think she would fit great.

Shanna (via Android app)

I would not re rf a 6 yr old even if I could. Even the swedes who are our model for rfing seem to use 4 or 5 as the flip age.

auto correct hates me

hrice

Kac said:
Aw! I'd RF a 6yo if they fit properly and wanted to be RFing.

Me too if that is what they wanted. Colton just turned FF full time this week at 3y9m per his request. If he asks to RF again I'll do it in a heart beat! He doesn't have much room to grow RF in the Radian though.

skylinphoto

I told my ds who will be 6 next month that he could rf in our radian if he wanted (he's only 37lbs and 43in). He didn't want to though. Lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
DD complains all the time that DS gets to ride backwards and she doesn't all the time. She totally fits RF in the Radian still, but it's too much of a pain for every day.

Little Ps Mama

I don't think I would re-rf a six year old either. That's great the she has been so cooperative with erf though!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Katy

My DS1 was RF between 5.5 and 6yrs, per his request. He outgrew by height and weight around the same time my DD needed the seat. He was unhappy about going back FF. I stuck him in the regent so that helped as it was very reclined. His #1 seat picks are the RF radian, regent, then the bigkid HBB mainly because it has reading lights...lol Right now he has the FR85 which he thinks it should recline or RF and needs lights like the bigkid deluxe!

ETA I wouldn't buy a bigger ERF seat for a 6yr unless I had a medical need or younger kids to pass down to. Our XTSL had to be bought for 3 across in my moms medivan and I knew I was PG with DD at the time. I did consider a swedish seat but just couldn't justify it as well as afford one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC