Pics of my backseat problem

ADS

arly1983

Try a Cosco Topside. $12.99 at Target.

LOL, its a backless. I am looking for a highback or even a harness seat for this position.

Thanks for the headsup on this seat. I have never noticed it. The literiders are working for us as backless booster so if I keep them in backless I will just go with them.

Last edited:

Dillipop

Can you get access to a Harmony Dreamtime? You might be able to move the marathon over to the side and get a dreamtime and literider or topside next to each other. If you put them on the passenger side, they will both buckle at the same spot, I think.

arly1983

Can you get access to a Harmony Dreamtime? You might be able to move the marathon over to the side and get a dreamtime and literider or topside next to each other. If you put them on the passenger side, they will both buckle at the same spot, I think.

I can't get a literider/literider*/marathon or radian or maestro to work. There is a dreamtime at our walmart and I compared it to the literider and it was a tad wider so I figured it was a no go. You think its worth a try knowing that?

*I know that a backless couldn't go in the middle because of no headrest but I wanted to get an idea of if a harmony HB could work there spacewise.

arly1983

Oh, I forgot. MA isn't an acceptable install in either outboard spot because of the fixed headrest. The seat only touchs the headrest and the bottom of the seat. The back doesn't touch at all. I can run my hand up and down. So many can'ts with this backseat. :eek:

I am going to go pick up a dreamtime tomorrow just to see if by a miricle it will work. If not, I will keep thinking aobut it. I don't think walmart will give me any problems returning it if it doesn't.

canadiangie

Rear facing Radian in middle? Have you tried that?

Ages and weights of your offspring too, please. (I just can't remember)

arly1983

Rear facing Radian in middle? Have you tried that?

Ages and weights of your offspring too, please. (I just can't remember)

Yes. RFing radian didn't work for many reasons.

DS1: 7 yrs, 57 lbs, only fits in Regent/Frontier harnessed and on top setting of turbo HB

DD2: 5.5 yrs, 45 lbs, short torso but wide in the hips and shoulders

DS2: 3 yrs, 37 lbs, tall. Outgrew MR RFing by height in late summer/early fall.

featherhead

Foonf? Tall base, supposedly narrow. Could probably go rear-facing or forward-facing. Might work outboard too. Only problem is the wait :)

jjordan

Oh, I forgot. MA isn't an acceptable install in either outboard spot because of the fixed headrest. The seat only touchs the headrest and the bottom of the seat. The back doesn't touch at all. I can run my hand up and down. So many can'ts with this backseat. :eek:

I am going to go pick up a dreamtime tomorrow just to see if by a miricle it will work. If not, I will keep thinking aobut it. I don't think walmart will give me any problems returning it if it doesn't.

(bolding mine) Is the marathon required to have the back of the cr touching the back of the vehicle seat?

arly1983

Which vehicle is this? Have you tried a MyRide in the middle?

GMC Terrain. I don't have a MyRide anymore. After DS outgrew it RFing, he had very little room in it FFing so I gave it back to DJMA (she was nice enough to do a temp trade with me. :love: ) I could see if I could find another to try out.

arly1983

(bolding mine) Is the marathon required to have the back of the cr touching the back of the vehicle seat?

I thought I remember seeing this in the manual but I just went back and reread it and I can't find it. Maybe I am thinking of the MyRide? Techs?

jjordan

I thought I remember seeing this in the manual but I just went back and reread it and I can't find it. Maybe I am thinking of the MyRide? Techs?

I was wondering if you had seen it somewhere in the manual. I'm pretty sure this question has come up before, and the answer is that if the installation is tight, then you're good to go.

The base does have to be flat against the vehicle seat.

arly1983

Also, why did the RF Radian not work?

I needed it in the middle to make a difference and I justed couldn't get an acceptable install there. It kept sliding down the slope of either side of the seat as soon as I thought I had it tight enough.

Installed fairly easily with latch and seatbelt in the outboard positions but it was too far towards the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC