What do you think of this seat?

livilou

So, I'm not near as in love with my CA as I once was. And that's saying something since I've only had it for a month. Anyway, I'm about to replace it with another Dorel seat and from what I've looked at, I think I like this one the most. http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12428392 Anyone have any reviews on it? Good? Bad? What I hate about my CA is that the straps dig into my daughters neck and cut it. I've showed the company pictures (they asked) and what not. I was using covers but I'm not comfortable with that and the woman from customer service advised me against it as well. So, end of story is I'm replacing it and need help! Keep in mind I'm in Canada :)

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That seat is usually not recommended here. It doesn't make a good booster, and there are other seats that will last your daughter longer.

I'd look into a Graco MyRide 65, Lamaze True Fit, or Diono Radian.

lovemybabies924

The ca is a nicer seat IMO and will last lnger but the straps are close :( I don't like the linked seat at all, but that's just me... Do you have access to a true fit?

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's the same seat...literally, the Alpha Omega and CA have the same shell, same harness arrangement, etc. So they won't just sell you Dorel harness covers for your CA? Because that's the only thing that's going to be different for your dd, this seat has thinnish polyester strap covers.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooooh, I get it, they are sending you a replacement. I mean, I guess so, if you aren't paying for it and you like the CA otherwise, go for it. True Fit is a convertible made by First Years, it is notorious for having nice wide-apart harness straps.

Kac

Oh, so it must be Dorel. Hm, I don't know what I'd do then. How about a Pria? It's a Maxi Cosi, which is Dorel.

mominabigtruck

Just me personally I would take the aoe and turn around and sell it on cl and buy something else. It's a way overpriced seat that isn't all bad but for some crazy reason people love them. Not us, but alot of parents think they're the bees' knees. If it was $60 I'd like it but for $200 I expect more than a continuous harness with crappy buckles and a cheap cover.
Posted via Mobile Device

amelia222

As far as I know we don't have the Pria in Canada yet but Dorel might be able to give you a date on when they will be available here. If they do please let us know!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
amelia222 said:
As far as I know we don't have the Pria in Canada yet but Dorel might be able to give you a date on when they will be available here. If they do please let us know!

Ya, I've only seen it for preorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

livilou

Will do! I looked at BRU and didn't see it so I don't think it's here yet either, but hopefully they can give me some idea.

canadiangie

Some, not all, have the old style flared base which is absolutely awful with a RF install, and Dorel has decided that you can no longer remove the base. It makes for a dreadful time trying to install it. Add the rebound bolsters into the mix, and it's just a big bulky disaster of a seat. :eek: I actually dread, and I mean DREAD working with these particular models (ie: new 3/1 with flared base).

Now, like I said, only some are like this. The link you posted seems like it has the straight base, and those are fine. A lot like a CA LX (or whatever the CA is called when it has a base). IF you can verify with Dorel that you're getting a straight base (possibly the Elite model has a straight base, the regular model has flared??) then I might consider taking it.

Most likely I'd wait for the Pria, though.

livilou

Well, the Pria is a no go. :( They won't say why, I was just told "that won't be an option for us" and they will say no more than that.

They told me tell them what other seat I'd be interested in but based on the reviews, that's none.

Guess I just need to count my losses and buy a new seat out of pocket, or deal with it :(

Kac

I'd take either another CA or the seat you listed and sell it on Craigslist. Then you'll have some money to work with. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC