Got a Kiddy World Plus shipping to me tomorrow!

fyrfightermomma

so excited. I talked to Kiddy today and my tech seat is being shipped out tomorrow.

I will post pics. I have two kids who can use it with the shield and one who can use it as a booster. We are using it for my youngest in my DH's car. So it will be a 39 lb 41" 5 year old and a 29 lb 36" just turned 2 year old. Should take about 2-3 days

Yippie! This is perfect for DH's car who is smooshed with joey RFing behind him. We already had the Start with shield so I know we like it already and my kids like it. It's just way easier than the start!

ADS

tiggercat

Are you comfortable with a just turned 2 year old in it? I mean, that is kind if a silly question, you must be if you ordered it, it just makes me nervous.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

fyrfightermomma

Are you comfortable with a just turned 2 year old in it? I mean, that is kind if a silly question, you must be if you ordered it, it just makes me nervous.

Yes in DH's car I am. He rides in it 2-3 times per month. I'm comfortable with how it works and my other option is him FFing in a harness in that car so to me, it's better. In my car? No. I belive RFing is much much safer.

It will also be for occasional grandparent rides since my parents suck at installing and using a harness. This is idiot proof :)

E started riding in the Start with shield around age 2(maybe 3 I can't remember but she was little) and 20ish pounds and I never had an issue with it.

laurengt

I think the seat looks awesome but... The shield seems like it'd be a PITA, from what I've seen on the demo videos. Also, I'm not ready giving up the harness. Am I alone in this?

skylinphoto

I love the way our kwp fits my 4 yr old dd!

I can't wait to see your pics.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
so excited. I talked to Kiddy today and my tech seat is being shipped out tomorrow.

I will post pics. I have two kids who can use it with the shield and one who can use it as a booster. We are using it for my youngest in my DH's car. So it will be a 39 lb 41" 5 year old and a 29 lb 36" just turned 2 year old. Should take about 2-3 days

Yippie! This is perfect for DH's car who is smooshed with joey RFing behind him. We already had the Start with shield so I know we like it already and my kids like it. It's just way easier than the start!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pics (and/or PM me in case I don't see it). E is pretty much the same size as DD (my DD is taller, but it's all in the legs), and J is about the same size as my DS. And I really want this for DH's vehicle too!

tiggercat

fyrfightermomma said:
Yes in DH's car I am. He rides in it 2-3 times per month. I'm comfortable with how it works and my other option is him FFing in a harness in that car so to me, it's better. In my car? No. I belive RFing is much much safer.

It will also be for occasional grandparent rides since my parents suck at installing and using a harness. This is idiot proof :)

E started riding in the Start with shield around age 2(maybe 3 I can't remember but she was little) and 20ish pounds and I never had an issue with it.

I guess I don't see why you couldn't just continue rearfacing in your husband's car, if you managed for the past 2 years. I guess it is better than FF, I am just uneasy about it, I guess.
I'd also like to see pics ;)

fyrfightermomma

His car is a tight fit. We rf in marathons till they are outgrown. Then go to radians. The radian is a lost cause in his car and he's maxed out the marathon. My dh isn't on board with rfing so all out kids have turned in his car when they outgre their marathon :(

fyrfightermomma

laurengt said:
I think the seat looks awesome but... The shield seems like it'd be a PITA, from what I've seen on the demo videos. Also, I'm not ready giving up the harness. Am I alone in this?

Our start wasn't bad at all and that had to be buckled each time. This one easily snaps to te strap on the latch strap which to me seems way easier. I love our start :)

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I can't wait to see pics! J is about the same size as Rocket, and I'm seriously considering getting one for DH's car when he turns two. Same scenario as you, difficult to fit a RF'ing seat and he's not in the car often.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC