My new truck 3-across saga continues...

arly1983

So I thought that ALL of my problems would be solved if I could just find an OS Parkway.

There is a baby boutique about 30 mins away that had 2 EXPIRED OSPWs for sell. I have told them several times but there they sit in their plastic at 20% over MSRP.

So I figured I can at least try it out and I was going that way. One of them has sold to some poor person. I got permission to try out the other one and it didn't work!!!!

Its the flares on the end of this darn back seat. Only the literider's V shaped base seems to play nice. I tried to move it to the middle and just sit the marathon on the side (even though I know the MA will not install FFing there) and there wasn't even room for the MA's base. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Its official, I have leased the most 3-across unfriendly car EVER! :(:(:(

And its all mine for the next 2 years.

My DH's little 97 camry is so much better than this baby but we can't switch because he drives 1.5 to work each day and that would put us WAY over the mileage on our lease.

Most of the time when I go somewhere during the week its just the two younger kids and myself. We could drive DH's camry on the weekends and I could reinstall the youngest two's seats during the week if I need to take all 3 with me...

My goal is to get my middle child back in a highback but how far should I go to make that happen? Drive an older car whenever possible? Put DS in the front seat of the truck in a literider on the rare occaisions when he is with us during the week? I am I trying to hard?

Sorry this is so long. I am just so frustrated and unsure what to do. :confused:

(background: my youngest is FFing 3 yr old, middle is 5.5 yr old-awesome booster rider, oldest is 7 yr old-good booster rider)

ADS

arly1983

Sorry you're having issues. What vehicle did you get? Does the front seat have an air bag off switch or key?

Oh, sorry, its a 2012 GMC Terrain

The front seat has an indicater that turns off the airbag if not enough weight is there. It doens't have a manual switch or key.

christineka

My civic in not 3 across friendly either. I've opted to use an rstv for the middle person in that car. In my van I keep my kids harnessed as long as possible for ease of buckling. My 7 year old is great in a booster, but it doesn't fit easily and she fits in a radian, so that's what she rides in.

arly1983

My civic in not 3 across friendly either. I've opted to use an rstv for the middle person in that car. In my van I keep my kids harnessed as long as possible for ease of buckling. My 7 year old is great in a booster, but it doesn't fit easily and she fits in a radian, so that's what she rides in.

I wish DS1 could fit in a radian. He has outgrown everything but the regent and the frontier I think. He hasn't been in a frontier in a long time.

DD fits in the radian but the only way I could get it in the terrain was puzzling with the marathon. The marathon intruded into so much of the radians shoulder room on one side that she just couldn't use it.

arly1983

I would have to use latch with oobr, right? Then that will not work. Latch is right above where the female end of the buckle is.

christineka

The oobr doesn't need to be latched. It's really heavy, though, so I think many of us wouldn't use it without latch. It's 16 inches wide, but I don't know how it plays in a 3 across.

arly1983

Are you really, really sure you can't get the frontier in the mix?

Know anyone with a start?

I don't know anyone with a start I think.

I literally do not think I have the space in inches. The marathon literiders puzzle and they just do fit. The radian & literiders just do fit. The mastro and literiders puzzle and its a squeeze.

canadiangie

Is there no grace period with a lease? Any way humanly possible you could move over to an Equinox or Torrent? Do you have a lease take-over company in your area? (up here we have Lease Busters, as an example).

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I don't know anyone with a start I think.

I literally do not think I have the space in inches. The marathon literiders puzzle and they just do fit. The radian & literiders just do fit. The mastro and literiders puzzle and its a squeeze.

You have the space in inches. You actually have 4.3 more inches than I was able to do a Regent, MA, RN 3 across in. It's worth a shot?

arly1983

Is there no grace period with a lease? Any way humanly possible you could move over to an Equinox or Torrent? Do you have a lease take-over company in your area? (up here we have Lease Busters, as an example).

Without getting into a long backstory, the problem with this is that there were two rebates on this particular truck that paid off what we owed on our poor van that basically needed a new engine to run again. As much as I would like to get something else, I just don't see how. We shopped around as much as we could in the time crunch we had. To buy something bigger even used would mean a car payment over 400 and high mileage and put us back in the mess we were with the van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC