Help for babysitting kids.

Baylor

I today I went out to the car and checked out car seats for boys. She has the Cosco high back harnessed booster for ds2 he is 18 mos. his straps were to low and I showed her how to move them , install tether and install seat back in and what a good install feels like.

As soon as I'm done watching them I'm going to give her tribute and see if I can convince her to install it rf again. I checked Cosco seat and it expires 2015.

Now the booster ds1 is in I've never seen before. It has black belt guides it has two red buttons you push on sides to raise headrest up. She had to leave but I did show her how it should fit ds and told her I suspect it's expired and will try and get more info and find a good deal on a booster for him for her.

Anyone know what this booster maybe? I don't think I have the link to the pictorial anymore to check it out since laptop crashed.

auto correct hates me

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How old is the older one? I have 40lb FF and HBB (Evenflo Chase). It's another donation seat. It's not fabulous, but it might be better than what she has.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know how the Chase does as a booster, but it would be better than his expired seat and free. Just let me know if she'd like it.

Baylor

mom of six said:
It's still available
http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Cosco-Protek-Belt-Positioning-Booster-Car-Seat/2675234/product.html

http://www.albeebaby.com/cosco-protek-booster-seat-apollo-22291wala.html

From my google search there seemed to be a lot of chatter about it in 2008 so maybe that is when it was first introduced????:confused:

So a guess on expiration may be difficult

I can not find it anywhere for sale and most are showing no stock or page not found. Argh. Wish she would have had the time to let me take it out and check.

auto correct hates me

Baylor

So today I gave her my Pronto for her ds1. I showed her correct fit, Made sure it fit him correctly and made sure I was clear that it has to have a headrest. When I took the old booster out it was a costco hbb no harness slots and it was from 2002.

So she asked me to get rid of it. They are also going to get new seats for the baby and and other children. 7 and 9.

Just made me feel good that with all the ones you can't help, there are a few you can and they are grateful.

Baylor

That's great :D

Thanks! It felt great. She sat while I showed her the fit in the old booster and how it did not hug is body at all, Barely touched it and then the Pronto that held him in place and fit him so well!

She wants to learn and do better. And I have all you to thank. You taught me better and Im passing it along..

I can't imagine how many people this site has helped beyond the members here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC