Do the Diono Radians *really* have a smooth(er) adjuster?

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I can't decide if I should spring for a Diono radian or not. Biggest motivating factor? I want to throw our XTSL through a raging fire from the pits of the earth whenever I have to tighten the harness when it's rearfacing. I cannot express my deep level of anger and annoyance at how *bleeping* hard it is to tighten. So, my question is simple, but I've heard conflicting reports. Do the new Diono radians have a smoother adjuster? And if not butter smooth, at least comparable to other RF'ing seats?

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've never felt a Radian being hard to adjust, so it's the same smooth adjuster for me.

laurengt

I only have SKJP radians but I've never had difficulty adjusting. Maybe it's an angle of the seat to car seat thing.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I have an sk radian and I feel your pain. It is a PAIN to tighten.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Thanks for commiserating with me! I was beginning to feel like I was losing my mind. Hmmm....seems to be car or angle dependent. My radians install very upright if that makes a difference.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I had NO issue with my XTSL RF, but FF??? FORGET IT!!! I would rather have teeth pulled!!!! The best way was to do the chest clip and adjust BEFORE doing the crotch clip.

My new Diono R120 came today and it was damaged by UPS, so it has to go back.. no chance to play with it :(

NannyMom

I only used my XTSL FF as a primary seat for a very short time. It was hard to tighten, but I could do it (not DH). I sold 1 of my 2 and bought an RXT. :love: My RXT is soooo much better! It is everything I hoped for! Granted, I've only used it FF. Then one day I had my 2nd XTSL installed and I HATED tightening it so much that I took it out of the van that same night because I wanted to throw it out the window! I'm now waiting to buy a 2nd RXT since I sold that 2nd XTSL.

ETA: I was nervous at first, and couldn't believe it'd be better just like you. But I :love: the RXT

Cryssy Jane

I have sk and diono radians. Both are difficult to adjust ff but I've had pretty smooth adjustments rear facing with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

teekadog

I want to throw our XTSL through a raging fire from the pits of the earth whenever I have to tighten the harness when it's rearfacing. I cannot express my deep level of anger and annoyance at how *bleeping* hard it is to tighten.

Yes, this, I could not have said it better. But I have tried other SK Radians and they were much easier. I think I just got a lemon. Usable and safe for my kid, but put here on this earth to make me miserable.

And because of that I refuse to even touch a Diono.

AlisonR80

I have a diono RXT and i don't like how the harness tightens...have to pull repeatedly and then it's like i'm pulling and its NOT getting tighter. My old Radian 65 is easier to tighten.

Meg

Thanks for commiserating with me! I was beginning to feel like I was losing my mind. Hmmm....seems to be car or angle dependent. My radians install very upright if that makes a difference.

I'm feeling the same way reading this thread! Lol. I have two 80SLs(DOMs in '10 and '11) and I hate the adjusters. I've always preferred to loosen and tighten the harness each time the kids gets into their seats, but I rarely do with the RNs since they are such a pain in the butt. I find tightening the seat when it's FF to be more annoying than when it's RF.

Just to be clear, when I tighten the harness it's a yank-yank-yank motion and the harness only tightens an inch or two at a time. Every other seat(Britax, Graco, Cosco, Safety First) I own, I can just pull the harness adjuster strap and the harness smoothly tightens in one fluid motion. I was thinking of getting a new RN because of the so-called smooth adjuster, but I definitely won't if the adjuster is just like the old seats!

Malka

I never had a SK Radian, but my R100 is a pain to tighten. I have to pull the straps from the back and then adjust it. Very annoying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC