Thinking of making a brochure

laurenrachey

...to keep in my car, along with a highlighter for specific portions applying to what I see. Anyone done this? I wanted to cram as much info on it as possible, including our current state laws. I mean everything from rearfacing longer, to harnessing longer, to boosters, and using all of them properly.

I was so disgusted by the car next to me at the dentist this morning. I left a note on it (my first time doing this). One seat (which had the harness removed to be used as a BPB) looked like it had been tied to the bumper and drug to the next state and back. I seriously needed a tetanus shot just from looking at it. It was all ripped up, nasty and old. The other was less tattered, but equally dirty. It was a 3 point harness with the paperclip thing for a chest clip. I didn't even pay much attention to whether it was installed at all or near tight. I tried to take a pic with my phone to show yall but there was too much glare/reflection. These were in a beat up chevy celebrity (produced in the mid to late 80's).:mad:

So anyone care to share their thoughts/resources/experience on creating a brochure? I would post it here, to have everyone "spell check" my information. I wouldn't mind if, after everything was exactly correct, sharing it, so that you could change the info to reflect your state laws and use it.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
No need to reinvent the wheel....

www.cpsafety.com already has excellent RF & FF brochures + NHTSA and/or the SafeKids USA sites have some for boosters, etc. as does www.carseat.org (notice there is no hyphen, otherwise you'll end up back here) :) I also keep copies of the Used Seat Checklist & a list of local CPSTs to contact :thumbsup:

Last edited:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
...to keep in my car, along with a highlighter for specific portions applying to what I see. Anyone done this? I wanted to cram as much info on it as possible, including our current state laws. I mean everything from rearfacing longer, to harnessing longer, to boosters, and using all of them properly.

I was so disgusted by the car next to me at the dentist this morning. I left a note on it (my first time doing this). One seat (which had the harness removed to be used as a BPB) looked like it had been tied to the bumper and drug to the next state and back. I seriously needed a tetanus shot just from looking at it. It was all ripped up, nasty and old. The other was less tattered, but equally dirty. It was a 3 point harness with the paperclip thing for a chest clip. I didn't even pay much attention to whether it was installed at all or near tight. I tried to take a pic with my phone to show yall but there was too much glare/reflection. These were in a beat up chevy celebrity (produced in the mid to late 80's).:mad:

So anyone care to share their thoughts/resources/experience on creating a brochure? I would post it here, to have everyone "spell check" my information. I wouldn't mind if, after everything was exactly correct, sharing it, so that you could change the info to reflect your state laws and use it.

I have thought about this before and actually started doing it. However I found http://www.carseat.org/ has many reproducable flyers and brochures.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC