I called Baby Trend about the Fastback chest clip...

robbertbobbert

They were neither helpful nor polite.

First of all, I could barely hear the lady on the phone. I know it is NOT my phone, because I had just been on the phone with somebody else and it was fine. She kept saying "I'm sorry, I can't do anything about your phone not working." She also KEPT asking for my DOM and serial number, even when I told her I had a general question and did not own the seat.

Once I finally got to asking her the question about the chest clip she said "no, of course we don't have a larger chest clip available, the one that comes with the seat is fine." She denied it being the same size as the Flex Loc one, and said there is a regulation for chest clip size on combo seats, and that they're all the same size across all brands. She tried telling me this as I was looking straight at my GN.

She said they've gotten lots of feedback about the Fastback on Facebook and everybody loves it and nobody has said anything about the chest clip being too small. I mentioned that my nanny child is uncomfortable with it being so close on her neck, and when I told her she was 4 years old the lady said "oh well you shouldn't be trying to use harness mode with her anyway."

So basically, I am not impressed with Baby Trend or their customer service right now.

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Uh yeah they're not the same as every other combo seat, I measured and it's over an inch smaller. Theirs is about 4" and everyone else is 5-6". And with the huge strap covers that are wider than the straps (that the manual is VERY ambiguous about whether or not are required) it just doesn't make for a good fit at all for an older child.

That combined with their statements about LATCH and that the seat is potentially incompatible with "many" types of seat belts is all pretty unsettling to me.

robbertbobbert

Yeah, it seems like a total flop of a seat to me, but they don't want to even acknowledge ANY of the issues.

And publicly admitting on Facebook that the seat may be incompatible with MANY types of seatbelts?! wtf?!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
She's full of crap if she's saying she got rave reviews on fb about it, hardly anyone owns it and we're on the Baby Trend page.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC