If I have a car seat in my trunk

glockchick

And I get in a wreck, will it need to be replaced?

I want to keep a PWSGL for those emergencies I have to pick one of the girls up from school. I'm thinking ahead, but if it's in the trunk not being used, would it have to be replaced? Would insurance cover it?

I'm a college student and people drive crazy close to campus especially when they're running late so I'm thinking about the inevitable. :rolleyes:

ADS

love-pink

What about keeping a cheaper seat in there, like turbo or big kid?

I keep a maestro in my trunk for when dd and I go with friends. That way I don't have to un install her fr.

If an accident were to happen and for some reason insurance refused to cover the seat in the trunk it wouldn't be a huge finantial loss.

glockchick

Younger DD is only 5 and harnessed in a FR 85 with me the rest of the time. I want the SG on the PW for her.

As soon as I posted this, the school called for me to pick younger DD up from school so the seat is now in the car. :p She's got some weird rash on her face.

agave

glockchick said:
I'm a college student and people drive crazy close to campus especially when they're running late so I'm thinking about the inevitable. :rolleyes:
I'd say crazy is an understatement. I can't figure out why I've never seen an accident in that area.

HaileysMommy

Yes it would need to be replaced. It's not like the insurance company would know where the seats were at the time ;-)

zactayaus

Yes it would need to be replaced.

A women from church was in an accident and insurance even replaced her stroller that was in the trunk.:thumbsup:

4boysmom

Yes it would need to be replaced. It's not like the insurance company would know where the seats were at the time ;-)

Except if you already have a car full of seats. Claiming 4 or 5 car seats in a sedan because you have 2 backlesses in the back for carpool for your oldest for instance might get you a raised eyebrow ykwim...

theconstantreader

Younger DD is only 5 and harnessed in a FR 85 with me the rest of the time. I want the SG on the PW for her.

As soon as I posted this, the school called for me to pick younger DD up from school so the seat is now in the car. :p She's got some weird rash on her face.

Or other children. You know...like when you're running late and your son is stranded at school and you need someone to pick him up. :eek: Guess I can throw an extra booster in the trunk, too. But I have to many size ranges.

tam_shops

As long is it fits installed in the car, if I were in an accident, I'd tell them it was *in* the car. The truth. And, I'd leave it at that. Here, they are required to replace all seats that were in an accident, even if they were not being used at the time.

tam

glockchick

Or other children. You know...like when you're running late and your son is stranded at school and you need someone to pick him up. :eek: Guess I can throw an extra booster in the trunk, too. But I have to many size ranges.

Exactly. ;) We both had extras this week.

If you're really nice, I've got a TB I could loan you for that purpose if you need it. It has the pink cover and I have an old boy cover too. I also have a harnessed seat the converts to a booster... That would work for more kids. :whistling:

theconstantreader

Exactly. ;) We both had extras this week.

If you're really nice, I've got a TB I could loan you for that purpose if you need it. It has the pink cover and I have an old boy cover too. I also have a harnessed seat the converts to a booster... That would work for more kids. :whistling:

Gasp! I know you have extra! I don't think I need any more seats. i don't have room for the ones I have. plus I just gave one to Liz this past weekend. A harnessed and a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC