3 seats across in Mazda cx9

mrsp1030

This is our primary vehicle and we would prefer not to use the 3rd Row if possible. We just need the space for traveling, so need help with seats to fit. We will have a Chicco key fit 30 starting this summer in there. I am open to seat ideas for the other two. We have two nautilus,a Marathon and a Graco high back booster right now. Our oldest will be six and is about 42 lbs, our middle one is 3.5 and about 32 lbs. thanks.

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I've done a lot of seat combos in that vehicle - a good friend has one and we frequently pack all the kids into it for different things.

Radians install great in that car, and will fit nicely next to a Keyfit, you could put the Keyfit outboard, a Radian in the center, and then a HBB like a Parkway would probably be the easiest to buckle. Is the 6 year old harnessed in the Nautilus? If so, you can fit a Keyfit, Radian, and Nautilus together and that would be even easier than trying to buckle a Nautilus. I wouldn't try to use the Nautilus in booster mode for the oldest, it's going to be a pain to buckle.

mrsp1030

SO, which radian model would be the best? Is the Parkway booster more narrow than the Graco HB Booster b/c we already own that one. He is currently harnessed in the Graco nautilus and I just want what would be the easiest, yet most comfortable for longer car rides. THe radian can be used RF also b/c my other question was what to use when the baby outgrows the keyfit. THanks again for all help.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Size-wise, they're all the same, the differences are that the R100 rear faces to 40 pounds, the R120 rear faces to 45 pounds and you get some infant padding, and the RXT rear faces to 45 pounds and you get the infant padding as well has headwings.

If your 6 year old still fits harnessed in the Nautilus, I would just leave him there and go with a Radian for your 3 year old, then in a year or so you can move the baby into the Radian, the 3 year old into the Nautilus and then get a dedicated high back booster for the oldest.

The main difference that makes the Parkway easier for 3-across is that in overall size it's about the same, but the armrests aren't thick and wide like the Turbo and they're set closer into the seat, so it's much easier to buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC