Carsick Cures

MommyShannon

DD2 is newly 2 RF in her RA55 still. We will be traveling soon and she still gets carsick a lot. I deal with it at home, but it sucks more while traveling. I keep a vent on her and stop often which helps, but are there any other tips? She will not leave bracelets on or a bib to cover the harness. I will be bringing our spare cover and harness! I just would love for her to not get sick at all! She is in the captain's chair moved center in our Ody. Would any other spot be better? We have air vents everywhere so that's not an issue. I dealt with this with DD1 too so I go prepared as possible, but any tips are appreciated.

ADS

Dorothy

Sitting by the window might help. Having an unobstructed view outward helps me, anyway. I also find ginger, peppermint or lemon soothing sometimes. For my kids, I'll give them sips of good ginger ale or cooled peppermint tea. Is she old enough for Dramamine?

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Lys

Senior Community Member
My doctor has recommended Benadryl for motion sickness. It's an antihistamine just like Dramamine.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We are dealing w/this too. We are taking a trip to Cali this summer and I'd really like to leave dd rf'ing....but....I can only take so much puking. And I only have 1 spare cover (and no spare harness)....

MommyShannon

KaysKidz said:
We are dealing w/this too. We are taking a trip to Cali this summer and I'd really like to leave dd rf'ing....but....I can only take so much puking. And I only have 1 spare cover (and no spare harness)....

DD1 still got sick FF. I turned her when she was 1 before I knew better. I was happy once she got old enough to hold a bowl or cup if we couldn't stop fast enough. A bib put on after they are buckled protects the harness a lot but my dd just rips it off now. I'm really hoping I don't have to replace the harness but we will see!

Thanks for the ideas, every one! I will be trying all I can!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC