Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Bebounce

Three across in 2003 murano

I just found out at I will be having a third in November. My DS is 4, 38 lbs and my dd is 2, 34 lbs. By the time the baby is born DS will likely be big enough for a booster, but dd will still need a convertible. Right now DS is in an evenflo something or other 5 point booster. Dd is in a safety first air comverible (not the complete, the basic one). What would be a good combo of seats to put I the car? I definitely want an infant seat at I can use as part of a travel system for the baby.
    Last edited by wendytthomas; 03-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Three across in 2003 murano

Welcome.

Which combination seat is your four year old in? The Chase, Generation, or Maestro? Are his shoulders below the top slot? The Chase and Generation do not make good boosters, and boosters are generally quite difficult to buckle in a tight three across, so you may want another harnessed seat.

Your two year old is rear facing, I hope? Does she have more than 1" of shell above her head?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Unregistered

Re: Three across in 2003 murano

I think my four year old's seat is a chase (I'm going by comparing looks to other seats online b/c it's a pattern that they don't make anymore). He's in the 5 point harness and has not used the seat with a safety belt (I don't know if that's even an option anyway). My two year old is facing forward in her seat, but I'm not sure about the space above her head. I know that her head is not at the top of the seat.