Radian/Prius frustrations!

cookie123

I got my Radian back yesterday after dd's dh came by and I inspected his ff
Radian install in the back of his truck. Well, too lose, long plastic belt stalks, so the buckle was on the edge of the belt path. Same with the Avenue ff, so finally went to the GN, which worked beautifully.

I had been using the GN so I thought I'd put the Radian back in my car. I like it because you hardly notice a car seat is there! It hasn't been in my Prius yet. We could not get that thing installed ff with the seat belt at all either behind the passenger or in the middle. It was sliding all over the place. Leather seats. I finally gave up because I had to go to work. I didn't want to use latch, because the hooks are deep in the bight. It was practically impossible to get the GN free.

Those with a Prius - will it work with LATCH?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I would think the Radian's Superlatch connectors would be easier to undo in a deep-anchor situation compared to a Nautilus. It's worth a try anyway.

mrosehughes

I have a prius (2007) and the prius installs with both seatbelt and latch RFing easily, but I haven't ever tried FFing.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
There's a trick to getting it tight in the center. I know, I've done it... I *think* it might be two twists of the buckle stalk and drop the recline foot on the Radian? Outboard is also definitely possible. All with seatbelt, I refuse to use the SuperLATCH.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's a trick to getting it tight in the center. I know, I've done it... I *think* it might be two twists of the buckle stalk and drop the recline foot on the Radian? Outboard is also definitely possible. All with seatbelt, I refuse to use the SuperLATCH.

Yep. You have to twist the buckle stalk, and the recline down. I also get a knee in the seat, other foot on the vehicle seat next to it, and use the leg on the vehicle seat to push down HARD for leverage as I pull through the front of the cover to get the slack out of the belt. Oh, and pushing down the cushion just under the retractor while feeding in the last slack will get it to go that last one or two "clicks" needed for a tight install.

cookie123

I don't have super latch. Which of you would like to come over? Lol! I think I'll just put the SK400 back in. It turns out I like Surelatch.

cookie123

As long as you're buying the plane ticket, I'll be right over! :p

Well, it couldn't be that much, right? Actually I was thinking that the latch might be fine, since it has the premium latch connectors.

Also, I haven't tried, but I'd be surprised if I could twist the belt stalk. The buckle is in a notch in the seat and doesn't really come out much. I'll have to check that.

I put in the SK 400 today to take Matthew to school. I'm appreciating that seat more and more. It took me about 10 seconds to install with Sure Latch, and is easy to get undone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC